A ROOMY Decision--Help!!

ParrotHead79

I am taking my kids on their first cruise on the Triumph in January. I have been trying to figure out if we will all fit in an inside cabin. My girls are going to be 6 and 8. Plus my wife and me. We're physically fit, so that's not an issue. Just curiouse how tight it is with all 4. Or if it's even possible. Please give me some advice on this.

Thanks,

Parrot

I am taking my kids on their first cruise on the Triumph in January. I have been trying to figure out if we will all fit in an inside cabin. My girls are going to be 6 and 8. Plus my wife and me. We're physically fit, so that's not an issue. Just curiouse how tight it is with all 4. Or if it's even possible. Please give me some advice on this.

Thanks,

Parrot

Try to get interconnecting cabins, the difference in price may not be that much more between what you would pay for the 2nd/3rd guest rate in the same room vs paying for 2 cabins. Yes some cabins will acomdate 4 but I think more than 2 in a cabin, well, that is always tight.:D

Just the Captain's take. Happy cruising

If you dont want to spend the extra cash on two rooms, dont worry, your kids are still young and small, and hopefully not vain (wont have to worry about them hogging the mirror at dress up time!..LOL) so one cabin will work. They put the bed together to make a king and then there are two bunks above, on either side, they really dont get in the way. But that is on the smaller ships, not sure of the set up with the Triumph, it would be a bit different with the balcony, but I would still do it.

We have 3 boys, we booked an outside and inside right across the hall. My two older boys slept there, but we didnt have any trouble with them all in the room getting ready for dinner. We are doing 4 in a room on the Fantasy with two of them and they are older and I am not concerned. Good luck!

The only real problem with 4 in an inside besides the bathroom hogging situation that your children are still to young for, is that when they put the beds together the kids now have to get down from their bunks onto your bed. Not an unlivable scenario but something else to think about. The Triumph is my favorite ship so far.

I've done four in a cabin and while it was tight, its doable. 1st - don't overpack. 2nd - when getting ready have one the adults and one child get ready first and then go to a public place. As soon as the other two are ready meet up, that way you don't have four people rushing around a tight space trying to get ready at the same time. Also, keep in mind you can use the showers in the spa.

we have done the 2 parents 2 kids rooms 3 times now (2 outtside & 1 Balcony) we didnt have a problem the boys are (10&12) we fit fine, with the exception of hitting my eye one night on the corner of the bunk on my way to the bathroom (we packed nightlight after this incident) one night no problem!!!

the kids liked to sit in the window well (dont know if that the proper term but you know what I mean) while getting ready for things or to watch pull into shore.

the balcony was great to send the boys out to sit on while I would dress for dinner, I did booby trap the balcony with little pieces of paper and pennies to know if they were out there without us giving them the ok (I could see one dumping the other off the balacony, you know boys!!!)

they actually followed the rules of the balcony without a hitch!!!

so from what I'm seeing, if I book all 4 of us in the same room, I am going to get one with the bunkbeds on top? Cause the girls would LOVE that! They would think they were so cool being up there.

Is that the case, or do I have to request a room with the bunk beds?

Our last cruise it was just the 2 of us, and the room we had did not have the bunk beds.

Try to get interconnecting cabins, the difference in price may not be that much more between what you would pay for the 2nd/3rd guest rate in the same room vs paying for 2 cabins. Yes some cabins will acomdate 4 but I think more than 2 in a cabin, well, that is always tight.:D

Just the Captain's take. Happy cruising

I agree with this. It will be more of a vacation for you if you have your own space.

We've had 1 cabin for 4 of us a few times (balcony) and, last year, started booking them in their own cabin across the hall (they are a few years older than your kids). The cabin was HUGE to us without them in it.

Archived