SUN - AC Cabins. Is any one of the 6 better then the others?

LBS1

I am making plans to take the family on the Sun, next March.

We are planning to be in one of the Penthouse cabins. Out of the six cabins, are the ones on decks 10, 8 or eight any better then the others?

I have noticed on the NCL website the diagram shows the deck ten cabins slightly different.

I am interested in quality of views, ie is being three decks closer to the water better or worse then on a higher deck?

How about noise from other cabins and above or below.

Does any have a bigger balcony or are the rooms slightly different on the different decks.

I am most interested in hearing from those who have stayed in those cabins. (and I know a higher cabin will move more then lower, so please don't go there....again.)

Looking forward to next year!!!!

I spent 9 fantastic days on the Sun last April in the starboard AC, aft on deck 10. The balcony was absolutely huge, a wrap around, two sliding glass doors, one from the livingroom and the other through the separate bedroom. The closet space is awesome and has a separate sitting area, and a walk through bathroom with a separate bath and shower. The wrap around balcony gives you access to views from the starboard side of the ship, as well as gorgeous views of the wake and a minimum amount of wind. The AC's on deck 10 have slightly larger balconies than the ones below. Believe me, you won't be sorry cruising in this suite.

We were on deck 9 in an AC on the Sun and thought it was wonderful! Same 2 balcony entrances as the previous poster mentioned. We picked Deck 9 so we would have cabins above and below us, in case there might be noise from the Stardust Theater (below Deck 8) or the Outdoor Cafe (above Deck 10). The cabin itself was magnificent and the bathroom - well after that we didn't want to go home to our puny bathroom! You will enjoy it!!!

LBS1, First if you give me your e-mail Ill send a bunch of pics. That said , when we are on the SUN , the aft AC suites are all we will book. Have stayed on decks 8 , 9 ,10 . As mentioned the balconys are fantastic. You wont notice a big difference in size by deck. All are great , heres my preference...Deck 9 (9276)starboard side , I like to be pier side when in port.pluss I like having a suite above and below. Deck 8 same. You do have the stardust lounge under you but only hear a bit of music late and not for long.

Deck 10 also great ,my only minor iritation was early morning they moved the chairs aruond upstairs In the great outdoor cafe. Again minor , but you asked. Only other thing is I found the sitting area on 9 to be just a bit larger than on 8&10. Butr no matter which you pick you will love these aft ac's. If you want to compare stats go here ..

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipsncl.php

Matt

I was in cabin # 9276 last year and mpk218 is absolutly right. The 9th floor is the best. U will love this suite. I wish they had this suite on everyone of NCL's ships.

minimom:) :) :)

Guess What . Ill be in 9276 in 10 days. And I too wish they had these on

the other ships. Well lets stop talking about it... Know what I mean:cool:

mpk

We were on deck 8 last week and I liked it. I think all of the above posters are right on. We could faintly hear the lounge for about 10 minutes at night but not a lot. I like deck 8 because you can leave the deck door open and hear the ocean at night.

Thanks all to those who answered.

After your suggestions, I am looking at booking 0265 on Deck 10.

I am leaning toward it mostly because I want to have a bit of the wraparound view from the balcony to the starboard side, and that sounds like what the Deck 10 gives a bit more of then the others.

Can the people from the restaurant above look down onto the balconies?

If you have photos please email them to me at b.sahm@hotmail. com

Thanks and I hope the next year goes quickly.

Brooke

Thanks all to those who answered.

After your suggestions, I am looking at booking 0265 on Deck 10.

I am leaning toward it mostly because I want to have a bit of the wraparound view from the balcony to the starboard side, and that sounds like what the Deck 10 gives a bit more of then the others.

Can the people from the restaurant above look down onto the balconies?

If you have photos please email them to me at b.sahm@hotmail. com

Thanks and I hope the next year goes quickly.

Brooke

Brooke , Ill e-mail some pic,s. ( balcony sq. footage , deck 8 109 sf. , 9 119 sf. , 10 118 sf. ) cabin size ( deck 8 , 388 sf . deck 9 363 sf. , deck 10 366 sf. ) Hope this helps..

MK

Another question regarding these suites...

Does the balcony door open between the suite and the connecting balcony cabin next door?

Still looking for photos of the room and the aft end of the ship...

Thanks

Archived