Is a Sea Pass enough for kids?

bunnytails2000

Depends on the age of the kids. I know on Carnival last Oct, when we embarked, they took your photo when they punched your card the first time. (We had to hold our 5 YO up for the photo.) I think the photo ID is mainly for the intial pre-boarding and coming back through customs. We didn't have a photo ID for DS at all before we got our passports and never had a problem.

our local Police (NYS) makes ID cards for kids for free. They look like drivers licenses and even has their fingerprint on the pack as a Just in Case situation. I actually have 3 different ones as we had it done a few times till we got a good picture and all the info right (they listed DS as 5'2" instead of 52").

They are great and are the same size as a credit card or drivers license.

At most ports you don't need your photo IDs to get back onto the pier. I have heard of kids using their school photo IDs when a photo ID was asked for. I don't know if the kids will need this or not to get back onto the pier if they are with their parents.

Archived