QV model photos at Seatrade

patwell

Thanks for posting Penny - I wonder if that is that a jacussi on the forward deck? Perhaps this space is actually a crew deck as it does not appear on any of the deckplans. I wonder if it is going to be possible to go right round the promenade deck - its not clear from the deckplans. Anyone who has been on one of her 12 predecessors know?

Peter

Thanks for posting Penny - I wonder if that is that a jacussi on the forward deck? Perhaps this space is actually a crew deck as it does not appear on any of the deckplans. I wonder if it is going to be possible to go right round the promenade deck - its not clear from the deckplans. Anyone who has been on one of her 12 predecessors know?

Peter

Is it the Deck for Grill Passengers only ?

Is it the Deck for Grill Passengers only ?

wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the crew sun deck - QM2 crew have a fabulous deck too (above the kennels and boardwalk cafe)!!!

Ken

wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the crew sun deck - QM2 crew have a fabulous deck too (above the kennels and boardwalk cafe)!!!

Ken

I have been on the crew deck on QM2 ! :D

On the QV can i see stairs leading up from the Grills area below ? :confused:

I have been on the crew deck on QM2 ! :D

On the QV can i see stairs leading up from the Grills area below ? :confused:

Gavin,

I think you may be confusing the Grill Deck area (by the funnel) with the forward deck area - which I suspect, as Ken does, is the Crew deck.

Peter

Ad_2772_4.jpg.2d96980ab08a435eeec9f74c03970b09.jpg

Looking at the model brings home how much open deck space the 250 Grill passengers will have compared to the 1750 others....Cue mutterings (from the cousins?) about how unfair it is that people who pay more should get more.

Ad_2772_5.jpg.414c966e8410c5ba66c7812f6c143788.jpg

Ad_2772_6.jpg.25017e42fde5320057c069edd094e610.jpg

Looking at the model brings home how much open deck space the 250 Grill passengers will have compared to the 1750 others....Cue mutterings (from the cousins?) about how unfair it is that people who pay more should get more.

May not have much of a chance to use the decks on the Christmas and New year cruise ! :eek:

May not have much of a chance to use the decks on the Christmas and New year cruise ! :eek:

Snowball fights?

Thrown down from first class to steerage?

(Especially good if there are children to aim at!:eek: )

Matthew

Snowball fights?

Thrown down from first class to steerage?

(Especially good if there are children to aim at!:eek: )

Matthew

That would be from steerage UP to first class...be very worried...there are a lot more of us.;) and unrestrained children are a formidable adversary

Cheers, Penny

I wonder if it is going to be possible to go right round the promenade deck - its not clear from the deckplans. Anyone who has been on one of her 12 predecessors know?

It is possible on the HAL ships and ARCADIA. Not possible on the Costa and Carnival SPIRIT-class ships.

I am pretty sure I read in some press release somewhere that QV will have a full wrap-around promenade deck.

It is possible on the HAL ships and ARCADIA. Not possible on the Costa and Carnival SPIRIT-class ships.

The Noordam deck plan shows a cross-over passage forward of the Theatre on the Promenade deck - its not shown on the QV deck plan - though that could just be because the forward part of 3 Deck on the QV has been chopped off.....

Peter

Gavin,

I think you may be confusing the Grill Deck area (by the funnel) with the forward deck area - which I suspect, as Ken does, is the Crew deck.

Peter

Eww!

Up close and personal, that looks like the chopped up nose of a Princess ship.

ugh!

One thing that the model of the QV shows clearly is that she will have an external profile that is much more pleasing to look at than that pieced together monstrosity known as QM2!

Each to his own!

I think QM2's stern and aft decks are hideous, and the funnel is not pretty, but otherwise I would generally say she is somewhat better looking than this other pieced-together monstrosity ;) .

And this one really is pieced together - a Carnival parts-bin special! A little Vista-class here, a little SPIRIT-class there, a little QM2 funnel with a little early C20th row house :rolleyes: ...

Eww! Up close and personal, that looks like the chopped up nose of a Princess ship. ugh!

Funnily enough, that's the ONE major line in the Carnival empire that does not have a Spirit/Vista class ship, all the others do!:

Costa : 2

Carnival: 4

HAL : 4

P&O : 1

Cunard : 1

Actually, to be precise, one of the two - as AIDA does not have a Vista/Spirit either.....but us anglophones tend to overlook Aida....

Having called her MV Frankencruiser the model does not look too bad as modern cruise ships go. I'd love to be in a Force 8 Gale in the North Atlantic with that bow! The funnel is an interesting evolution of the originals - the back of it looks a bit like the presumed design of the Q3 funnel - but the 'wind scoops' totally mucked up by the big deck houses ahead. I am also curious about the huge funnel area deck houses - on the QM2 it has engines - but is this really all galley for the grills?

Peter

That would be from steerage UP to first class...be very worried...there are a lot more of us.;) and unrestrained children are a formidable adversary

Cheers, Penny

Now, Penny, remember the grill class would not soil and chill their hands in a snowball fight! They will simply have their butler do the snowball making, and perhaps throwing, too!

I am pretty sure I read in some press release somewhere that QV will have a full wrap-around promenade deck.

Yes, but only in grill class!

Karie,

ducking at 1st class snowball coming her way! <G>

I am not so sure as to whether it has been presented already at another thread

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=6248735418307049317&q=%22queen+victoria%22

Thank you for posting.

Is this the content of the DVD some lucky people were talking about? (BTW we German Platinum members do not get the Cunarder much less a DVD or special offers.)

One thing that the model of the QV shows clearly is that she will have an external profile that is much more pleasing to look at than that pieced together monstrosity known as QM2!

Even I wouldn't go that far! :D

Matthew

Archived