Virgin Cruiser - need a little information...

mantonmama

Hello all!

I recently booked a cruise through the Carnival website and reserved a guaranteed interior statesroom (aka cheapy lol). I was wondering two things. First, will Carnival send me a packet or anything, or am I just supposed to use the e-mail confirmation to get onboard? Secondly, what can I expect with a guaranteed room? My boat is the Inspiration going to Cozumel from Tampa. Any input will be welcome! Thank you!

P.S. I looooove this website! It's a first time cuisers dream!

Hello all!

I recently booked a cruise through the Carnival website and reserved a guaranteed interior statesroom (aka cheapy lol). I was wondering two things. First, will Carnival send me a packet or anything, or am I just supposed to use the e-mail confirmation to get onboard? Secondly, what can I expect with a guaranteed room? My boat is the Inspiration going to Cozumel from Tampa. Any input will be welcome! Thank you!

P.S. I looooove this website! It's a first time cuisers dream!

I don't think Carnival is e-ticket yet, you will receive a packet with the cruise contract and other documents, read them - especially the welcome aboard pamphlet, it has a lot of valuable info for first timers.

What you can expect from a gty room is that you will have at least that category of room somewhere on the ship. Sometimes you will know what room in advance, other times you will not know till you get to the ship. if you are not happy with the lowest possible category you booked, you might have a problem, in-spite of what you read on this site, there are no guaranteed upgrades, some get them and some don't

I don't think Carnival is e-ticket yet, you will receive a packet with the cruise contract and other documents, read them - especially the welcome aboard pamphlet, it has a lot of valuable info for first timers.

What you can expect from a gty room is that you will have at least that category of room somewhere on the ship. Sometimes you will know what room in advance, other times you will not know till you get to the ship. if you are not happy with the lowest possible category you booked, you might have a problem, in-spite of what you read on this site, there are no guaranteed upgrades, some get them and some don't

Thank you so much! I was praying I'd have more to take with me than 1 sheet of paper! As for the guaranteed room, I just wanted to be a little more informed. Luckily the other girls I'm traveling with are "no-frills" types too....all we really ask is that our mini-bar is full and our room is somewhat clean! lol Thank you again!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Beware it is addicting. Just read all you can and ask questions on these boards. There is a wealth of information. Visit the ports of call boards too. I've cruised on the Inspiration--it was one of my favorite cruises.

Happy Sails!

Also make sure to complete your Funpass. You do that right off of Carnival's website. Filling the paperwork out, for me, is fun because I know it signifies I'm getting ready to cruise again. The best advice is read these boards. You will learn everything you need to know (and stuff you wish you didn't know).

Carnival Inspiration was my first cruise back in 2003. I absolutely loved it!! and now I'm addicted to cruisng.hahaha Cozumel is beautiful, we went snokeling there unfortunately I don't remember the name of the beach we went to. Happy Cruising:D:D

You're going to have a great time! I did the 4 day Inspiration back in November 2005 and I'm doing it again this November.

One heads up - we didn't have a mini-bar in our cabin last time - I don't think all cabins do so it may depend on what category you wind up in.

Marzee

And make sure you check out the Roll Call board for your particular cruise. There will be many there who have been on the same ship or gone to the same ports, and will have lots of info!!

I actually was going to ask those same two questions :) One more, if anybody knows the answer...how soon after you make final payment can you expect your docs to come? Or is it usually a few weeks beforehand? I have quite a while to go, maybe I'll pass the time by starting to shop! :D

Hi I am going on the Destiny in May. My Husband needs to take his medicine with milk and was wondering if balcony cabins have fridges? I appreciate any who can help me and thank all who can. I am looking forward to the cruise so much. Pisan

Your docs will arrive about three weeks before you cruise...

Yes there are fridges in balcony cabins...and (I think) milk is available at all times at the buffet.

we just got back from Cozumel on the Inspiration. This was the 1st time to Coz and the 2nd time on the Inspiration. It was our 5th cruise altogether. I highly recommend Carnival for the price. We had a great time in Coz and can't wait to go back.

Have fun!!:)

You really are wonderful! I've already started making informal plans for my next cruise and I haven't even gone on my first one yet! Thank you again for all the help!:) :) :) :) :)

You might consider "bootlegging"..rather than high price minifridge items. Don't know what they are as I dont use them. I do buy drinks for myself in the eve, but do get a better value from my "Riviera Bar"..shhhhhhh ! also you can bring soda. read read read all these boards. I am in my early 60's, still have a blast by myself....click on a "many posts" person, read all their posts, for a quicki search..ie: Cotton, Mr Dood, Mr Pete, Jetskier (my pal Dave) always right on w/info, myself, Lucy, Captain John smith, go to specialty topics too..good searching, Happy Cruising to all newbies! Hope all this helps you have a swell time

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Beware it is addicting. Just read all you can and ask questions on these boards. There is a wealth of information. Visit the ports of call boards too. I've cruised on the Inspiration--it was one of my favorite cruises.

Happy Sails!

Addicting is not the word, it's more like an obsession :p .

Hey I wanted to let you know that I booked a inside guarantee and I just found out the other day that I got upgraded to a 9th floor ocean view. I hear that is a good upgrade. I don't know if that's normal or not. This too is my first time. I didn't mind booking the inside guarantee also if it saved me money. Hope that helps!!!!:p

I just checked my reservation online and saw that my room has been assigned--8F, it's a balcony cabin. Woo hoo! Since there'll be three of us, that's better than the IS I was expecting (we booked "IS guaranteed"). I know it can changed before the cruise, but I hope it doesn't! I'm getting excited :)

Hi I am going on the Destiny in May. My Husband needs to take his medicine with milk and was wondering if balcony cabins have fridges? I appreciate any who can help me and thank all who can. I am looking forward to the cruise so much. Pisan

Your docs will arrive about three weeks before you cruise...

Yes there are fridges in balcony cabins...and (I think) milk is available at all times at the buffet.

No refrigerators in balcony cabins. Milk available from dispensers, or if you get a carton from a buffet you can keep it on ice in the cabin.

Archived