Just booked Navigator Westbound transatlantic! Help please.

We were booked on Summit for Hawaii...but saw this and decided to change. Has anyone done this before? Is it good? We got a hump room on the 8th floor.

Do you book your flights with RCCL? Or do you book your own to South Hampton London? What's the best way to do this.

As it is now...we've got cruise only. We have some Delta miles we could use..but..then would probably have to stay over at a hotel in England. They said hotel is about $700 a night!!! Is that correct? Geez!

Thanks for any input you can give. :)

We were booked on Summit for Hawaii...but saw this and decided to change. Has anyone done this before? Is it good? We got a hump room on the 8th floor.

Do you book your flights with RCCL? Or do you book your own to South Hampton London? What's the best way to do this.

As it is now...we've got cruise only. We have some Delta miles we could use..but..then would probably have to stay over at a hotel in England. They said hotel is about $700 a night!!! Is that correct? Geez!

Who said the hotels are 700$ a night? Rccl? Cruiseline booked hotels are major $$$. Book you own hotel, you can look at availability through expedia, travelocity, hotel.com, etc. I would get your own flights as well, and those you can find on sidestep.com or kayak.com and both will give you a complete listing of all the flights available for those dates. Definitely fly in a day or two ahead.

I stayed in 8328 hump room on the explorer and if you want to see pictures click on the link in my signature, room pictures start on page 3

I don't know of the details but yesterday I was showing my uncle the pictures of our Navigator Vow renewal last week and he said "What ship was this?" I told him which ship and he and his wife are also doing this cruise and staying in 8th floor hump balcony room. They got a hotel and post cruise tour for 4 or 5 days post and then flying home afterward.

Have a great trip.

For UK hotels try http://www.laterooms.com and then call the hotel direct.

It always makes me smile that RCI promote Southampton as "London". To us Brits its MILES away from London...but hey ho. If you are going to stay over I might suggest Salisbury or Winchester for somewhere to stay. If you consider Southampton as London (distance wise) you may even consider Bournemouth as an option. Its a seaside town where I used to live. Check out the Royal Bath Hotel....http://www.devere.co.uk/deluxe/Bournemouth/ I have never stayed here but remember it when a child as somewhere I always wanted to stay. I have read good reviews....

Either way - take the opportunity to step outside of Southampton if you can....

For sure book your AIR with RCCL, you can always cancel your air before final payment if you find something better.

Your are awesome! Out sale date is Nov 5th 2007. South Hampton, England. We would love to fly in a couple of days early. We have some Delta miles. :) Hotels is what we're worried about. We need a place that RCCL can pick us up and take us to the dock. thanks for any suggestions. :)

Seems to me that using frequent flyer miles is not normally a good deal for one way travel (unless you have so many you can't spend them in your lifetime). Most of the airlines I'm familiar with would charge the same number of miles one way as roundtrip. Maybe that's one reason we go east in spring, and return in fall on our roundtip ticket. And, have had no problem starting the round trip in London and return from the US in the fall.

For a one way ticket from the US to Europe the best prices can be found with airline consolidators. There are several consolidators that can be found through internet searches. Booking right now for flights in November should be easy and the prices ought to be very low since November is the slow travel season. For your flight home within the US reasonably priced one way tickets can be purchased directly from the airlines. I have saved several hundred dollars by booking flights myself rather than using the cruise line's air service.

Archived