Kings Wharf to Horseshoe bay beach??

Sophaki19

just to let you know on tripadvisor there is a wealth of info on bermuda!!

There is a wealth of info right here on the Cruise Critic Bermuda board. This very question has been answered and discussed often. Even in the last couple of days. The threads on that topic are still on this page.

We bought a bus pass for the two days we were on Bermuda. So used the bus pass to get everywhere -- including Horseshoe Bay! This was over a year ago, but I believe the two day pass, which we purchased on our ship in advance, was $20. per person.

• 3 weeks later...

WE WENT 2 YEARS AGO. IT ONLY COST THE BUS FARE,BUT LET ME TELL YOU, OUR LIVES WERE IN THE DRIVERS HANDS.WORSE THAN A NY TAXI DRIVER,AND THE ROADS ARE SO NARROW. MY 3 YEAR OLD WAS FLYING ALL OVER,NO SEATBELTS. I WAS SCARED TO RIDE BACK TO THE SHIP.:eek:

You would take bus #7 from the Dockyard. The bus stop is a short walk from the ship. Get there as early as possible as the beach gets pretty crowded by noon. Yes, the streets are pretty narrow but rest assured, the bus drivers are professionals and know what they are doing. The ride is maybe about 30 minutes.

WE WENT 2 YEARS AGO. IT ONLY COST THE BUS FARE,BUT LET ME TELL YOU, OUR LIVES WERE IN THE DRIVERS HANDS.WORSE THAN A NY TAXI DRIVER,AND THE ROADS ARE SO NARROW. MY 3 YEAR OLD WAS FLYING ALL OVER,NO SEATBELTS. I WAS SCARED TO RIDE BACK TO THE SHIP.:eek:

I am sorry you had a bad experience. I have nothing but very safe careful bus drivers in Bermuda. Yes the roads are narrow but the speed limit is technically no more than 35mph. Compare to some of the other carribean islands I have been to this is a very safe ISland with extremely careful bus drivers.

PS you have never been with the cab drivers I have been.

PPS just for your info all caps is considered yelling....

I am sorry you had a bad experience. I have nothing but very safe careful bus drivers in Bermuda. Yes the roads are narrow but the speed limit is technically no more than 35mph. Compare to some of the other carribean islands I have been to this is a very safe ISland with extremely careful bus drivers.

PS you have never been with the cab drivers I have been.

PPS just for your info all caps is considered yelling....

Same here. Taken a bunch of buses in Bermuda and had only safe and careful bus drivers. And they never seemed to be going very fast.

I wanted to echo what others have said about bus service from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay. My wife and I found it safe, easy, and reasonably priced.

We also found this mode of transportation a great way to see the locals going about their daily life.

Upon arrival at the bus stop at Horseshoe Bay, you'l have a bit of a walk down-hill (paved sidewalk) to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. There is food & drink available, as well as very clean changing rooms with showers.

I would go early. Not only does the beach tend to get a bit crowded, but you want to enjoy every minute possible.

When it's time to pack up and head back to the ship you'll have to make a bit of a steep walk back up to the road and the bus stop. I have a bit of a bum knee and I wasn't overly excited about making the trek to the bus stop. We were able to catch a ride with a nice fellow who was shuttling folks up the hill in a van for a buck. Money well spent!

In short...I HIGHLY reccomend using public transportation to get to Horseshoe Bay!

Archived