Rental cars with GPS navigation?

vttea

Hello,

Does anyone know if any of the rental companies in St. Martin offer GPS navigators?

Or, better yet, anyone know where I can find Magellan-compatible map data file for St. Martin? I'd bring my own GPS, but after much googling, can't find one to download.

Thanks!

Hello,

Does anyone know if any of the rental companies in St. Martin offer GPS navigators?

Or, better yet, anyone know where I can find Magellan-compatible map data file for St. Martin? I'd bring my own GPS, but after much googling, can't find one to download.

Thanks!

GPS Navigation?? It's an island...if you go too far in any direction you'll know it rather quickly.:D

Gee, what are the chances? The embedded ad in the original message happens to be an ad for a GPS attachment to a Treo.

Pretty slick, reminiscent of AOL's and Google's context-sensitive advertising.

Interesting;

I currently receive an ad for a feminine deoderant product, and I have refreshed the page many times to see if it changed. NOT!

I completely understand Cruise Critic placing ads on the board, and they probably couldn't continue to provide this service without some such form of revenue. If the ads become focused, so much the better.

To answer the original question, you don't need a GPS option. No one will offer it. The island is small and easily navigable with any map.

For more information, you might visit my home page, as listed in my profile.

gary

GPS would be nice but this is really a small island with few very well marked roads. I have a portable GPS device but would need to buy the maps for the Island which are generally fairly expensive. If anyone would have GPS it would be the majors, Hertz or Avis....they can tell you whether its available or not but if it isn't it isn't a problem. Get a map from the tourist info desk. The map is a large aerial photo with the roads super imposed on it.....

Archived