(Oriana)..How much was that ?

hapy2cruz

We need your advice on how much (In your Experence) do we need to load the plastic up to,my wife and i are off on a 50 night cruise (Brissie to Southampton)and have absolutly no idea on how much coffee's ,booze and pamper girlie stuff costs..What would YOU bend the plastic to

All opinions will not be entered into or Quoted (but would be of great value) as we are saving in New Zealand dollars ,and the exchange rate isn't so hot.

Kind regards and God bless

Tony n Debbie:eek:

Hi There

It's a bit difficult to say as we all spend different amounts on different things but to help a bit (hopefully)

Beers/wines/spirits are UK pub prices house wine about £13 litre/cocktails £4 to £6

Tours vary £20/30 pp for short ones £40/60 for longer ones

Tea and coffee free unless you buy the special ones in Tiffany's Bar when they are about £2.50ish (and in my opinion not worth it!)

The Spa is dear, I think £40 for cut and blow dry £15 for a nail polish

If you look on P&O UK site and join the Cruise Connections in the Community section there are some excellent postings on the World Cruise in the On Board Forum

Enjoy the trip

You can spend as much or as little as you want....

''Cocktails of the day'' are slightly cheaper at £2.50 a glass, we always have the good coffee from the coffee bar which is around £1.50 for a cappuccino- with free pastires...

I bought a lot of the photographers photos - or you can buy none - i developed my own on board, or you can choose to wait until you get home. I bought a lovely bag from the shop on board, had my nails done, went on a digi camera course £32, so many choices. We had a good time, but then you see others drinking from bottles of champagne at lunch time, so one extreme to another.

Wine with meal, we paid around £13.50 a bottle, and as said, all drinks pub prices at home.

Trips - well we went on a few, but its up to you

How long is a piece of string;)

Sue

You can spend as much or as little as you want....

''Cocktails of the day'' are slightly cheaper at £2.50 a glass, we always have the good coffee from the coffee bar which is around £1.50 for a cappuccino- with free pastires...

I bought a lot of the photographers photos - or you can buy none - i developed my own on board, or you can choose to wait until you get home. I bought a lovely bag from the shop on board, had my nails done, went on a digi camera course £32, so many choices. We had a good time, but then you see others drinking from bottles of champagne at lunch time, so one extreme to another.

Wine with meal, we paid around £13.50 a bottle, and as said, all drinks pub prices at home.

Trips - well we went on a few, but its up to you

How long is a piece of string;)

Sue

I Knew you were the extravagant type:eek: I could tell:rolleyes:

Spend spend spend thats all you ladies of a certain type think of..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Happy Cruising (Sorry ran out of smilies as you can only have 5) Bit Mean

Thanks Libra

I actualy got hold of P & O and they indicated to me that a drink ie a beer would cost around 5 pounds which seemed a little on the HOW MUCH !!!!!!!! side of life

I do not know which P&O you were talking to but Beer is about £2.30 a Pint and lager (Stella) £2.50

From memory Gin was £1.75 and a mixer 75p.

If the prices were as you implied them it would be riot time not HOW MUCH!!!!!

BTW Ask about the 6 bottle wine packages at dinner, where you get around 15% off. ie 6 bottles for between £70 and £75. The wine waiter will of course, put away any wine not used for the next night, handy when one of you likes white and the other red.

As Sue said prices on P&O are less then UK city centre pubs.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

We did Fremantle to Southampton on Adonia in 2004 and spent approx 600 pound, P&O gave us an onboard credit of 250 pounds each, I think they are still doing that, but it is now less. Found the hair cuts very expensive and the cyber access, had to pay for it as I had promised everyone emails, but wouldn't do it again at that time was 15 pounds for an hour. Drinks seemed to be about the same as pub prices in Australia, but as the exchange rate keeps changing it is hard to work out. Most of our money seemed to go on drinks. Did a sector on Oriana last year up to Singapore and they do allow you to take on drinks so we took some with us, on our trip to the UK we bought alcohol at various places includeing some very cheap, but good wine in South Africa.

Hope that helps a bit.

We did Fremantle to Southampton on Adonia in 2004 and spent approx 600 pound, P&O gave us an on board credit of 250 pounds each, I think they are still doing that, but it is now less. Found the hair cuts very expensive and the cyber access, had to pay for it as I had promised everyone emails, but wouldn't do it again at that time was 15 pounds for an hour. Drinks seemed to be about the same as pub prices in Australia, but as the exchange rate keeps changing it is hard to work out. Most of our money seemed to go on drinks. Did a sector on Oriana last year up to Singapore and they do allow you to take on drinks so we took some with us, on our trip to the UK we bought alcohol at various places including some very cheap, but good wine in South Africa.

Hope that helps a bit.

Internet Access is less than that now & you can get deals and packages. Sorry I cannot remember the prices. They were offering much better deals near the end of the cruise!!

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Thanks guys..... now my wife would like to know if you experience the beauty treatments on board and how much you had to bend the plastic to pay for this. For your journey to southhampton how many formal evenings did you have. Were ball gowns necessary and tuxedo's? What was worn on such formal occassions. We love dressing up and want to ensure we have the right gear. with thanks in advance for your guidance. tony and debbie NZ:confused:

Have had a look at my cruise info for last year on Oriana, they send out a list of casual, informal and formal nights for the whole cruise with the tickets and other info and for Brisbane to Southampton it was 26 casual, 11 informal and 13 formal. The dress code is in the brochure/cruise info, formal is the men in dinner suits, bow ties, women in evening wear, a lot of the english men passengers wear the cream tuxedo jackets and bow ties. most people dress up, some passengers don't and while a t shirt and jacket was seen in on formal night on Adonia the guy was still allowed in the restaurant but everyone took a pretty dim view of his lack of effort, particularly as he was doing the full world cruise and obviously wasn't sure of a quid. For our cruise to the UK hubby took dinner suit and another ordinary dark blue suit, bow ties in 3 colours and I took every item of evening clothing I have. Wore most of my formal outfits twice, for informal and casual mixed and matched the separates. Had to fly back so had to watch how much we took.

Archived