Regatta--May 9,2005

joan24

Hi llhlam,

We also cruised with Ren. and loved the small ships. We really enjoyed our June cruise on Regatta. Most people loved the food and unfortunately so did I. We do so much walking that we don't add too many pounds. Please email me at rcohen3989@aol.com if you have any questions about Regatta.

Joan

Hi Sally,

We're going into Venice 4 days pre-cruise. Where are you staying? Where on Cape Cod do you live? I grew up in Newton,Ma. and we had a summer home in Onset. Looking forward to meeting you onboard.

Joan

Hey Joan,

We haven't decided where to stay yet. Have looked at the BW Ala, and a couple of other small hotels. Thought about the Gritti Palace for about 2 seconds and decided it could never live up to the price tag. I will work on it later this winter after we return from Hawaii in Nov. and before we head for AZ for March. We live in Harwich. Sally

wrote in part:

We haven't decided where to stay yet. Thought about the Gritti Palace for about 2 seconds and decided it could never live up to the price tag. Sally

on the contrary.. it is THE most wonderful place to stay...

Dinner on the beautiful terrace over the Grand Canal.. excellent location ..gorgeous rooms and hotel..

the best!!!

Hi Joan,

Funny you should mention the Locanda Orseola - that is on our list along with Pensione LaCalcina and Ala. We must read the same items when researching. Looks great - maybe we should keep it a secret since it only has 15 rooms.

Friends of ours tried to get on this cruise last week, but were told that there was only 1 Owner's Suite left. They waitlisted for Cat A or B anyway just to see if something clears in the next 7 months. Hope it does as we enjoy traveling with them.

Thanks, Claudia, for your thoughts on the Gritti but it is just too pricey to rationalize at this moment in time.

Hi, Joan & everyone else booked on the May 9 cruise. I'm booked at Locanda Orseolo, also...May 7 & 8, and I know of another couple on our cruise that is also booked there. Re: Massachusetts, I spent 4 years at a girls boarding school, House in the Pines, in Norton, Ma. Mary Ellen

Archived