Which cabin??

popoki321

My husband and I are thinking of booking on the Crown in Oct. '07. This would be our first cruise on Princess. We have gone on Celebrity twice before and loved it but wanted to try something different this time.

These are our 2 cabin choices:

Balcony on Riveria or Aloha- Cat. BC or

Mini Suite on Dolphin- Cat. AC

Can anyone tell me what is a better value and why?

Which cabins will have a covered balcony? Which would be able to be viewed from above?

Does the mini suite balcony go the the edge of the boat? The picture from the Princess web site makes it seem that there is something between the end of the balcony and the edge of the boat.

Thank you.

I sailed last October in a min-suite on the Crown and loved it. Yes, we could look straight down to the water from our verandah – it went all the way to the side of the ship. The verandahs on dolphin deck are not covered! (Others from floors above can look down and see you on your verandah.)

I have sailed in a regular verandah cabin on Princess and much prefer the mini’s. They offer a lot more room that makes them worth the price difference to me. I think the best part is the larger bathroom. Because it has a tub in it, it’s much bigger allowing space to move around a little. You also get a seating area and a second TV in the minis, which you don’t get in the verandah cabin.

Caribe deck balcony cabins are the only way to go in my opinion. Their balconies are twice the size of other balconies and are half covered and half open. If you are in the covered area, no one can see you. This was a great choice for us as my wife loves the sun while I shun it. We would have our friends by for happy hour on the balcony and there was plenty of room for six. We had cabin C719 and loved it. Bon Voyage!

we stayed on the aloha deck/balcony and loved it... very private.... unlike the lower deck which has a larger balcony, but pretty much visible to anyone looking down.

i prefer the privacy.

the mini suite is more spacious, but we really don't spend much time in our room and are ok with a regular balcony room. the loo is tiny, but then again how much time do you spend there?

marcia

Is Aloha balcony covered or uncovered. It seems that even if it's covered you do still get a fair amount of sun...is that true?

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking we'll go with the Aloha Balcony. It's mid ship too, which I like. It's 400.00 less than the minisuite...although the extra room on the mini sounds nice becasue we'll be at sea for 3 days in a row...but the lack of privacy bothers me a bit.

I am going to check into the caribe deck balcony, though. That sounds perfect, as my husband isn't as fond of the sun as I am.

I love that this is the hardest decision I have to make today!!!

Archived