wish i was sailing away from this snow!!!

crazymomhas2

I wish all this was snow in Baltimore. A cold rain probably changing over to snow before ending tonight. May pick up a quick inch or two on grass. Whoppee doo!

Anyone remember 1993? We had a good one then. They called it the superstorm. The barometer in my basement bottomed out at 966 millibars. Rock like a hurricane! :eek:

I miss *REAL* winters. It was almost like not having a winter here this year in Baltimore. A week of cold weather. Wake me up when the mercury dips below zero. Never mind, I'd have to be in a coma. :D

It did reach 83F just two days ago. Spring fever is in the air and many are going to be sniffling for St Patty's Day for sure. Then they'll blame the wacky weather on global warming or GWB. :rolleyes:

We have 2 inches - and it's coming down heavily - in Connecticut!

Kids have a snow day - so we'll be in school that last week of June -boooo!:mad:

Lisa.

Hi Lisa,

It's nice to see someone close to East Haven CT on the board. Can you believe this more snow. :mad: It's now starting to sleet, can't wait for our cruise, need it really bad. Well enjoy your day with the kids, have a great weekend.

i'm in jersey too and we started with sleet but now its snow saying we can get maybe about 6 inches or so. it just blows my mind how drastic the weather changed in two days. i just hung up with dh who has to plow the snow all night.. now i'm singing let it snow i want to book another cruise $$$:D

Haven't even been home a week now, in NE Ohio, and it was high 60's the other day, and rain, sleet and snow yesterday and today with 2 to 4 inches expected! I hate snow. I know I should have just missed the Pearl and stayed on any of those islands last week! I could have been a stow-away on the island!

Hi Lisa,

It's nice to see someone close to East Haven CT on the board. Can you believe this more snow. :mad: It's now starting to sleet, can't wait for our cruise, need it really bad. Well enjoy your day with the kids, have a great weekend.

Spent 2 of my best years ever in East Haven(1979-1981) while I was going to UNH. Lived on Cozy Beach.

Winter is still in full swing in Fairbanks. Two mornings ago it was 35 below when we got up. Spring may come at the end of April. Last year we had snow on June 4th - I remember this clearly because it was the day before my husband's birthday. Oy!

Stay warm everyone!

Taters

Well, DH is plowing, too! Left at 5 this morning and doesn't know when he'll be home - is going in tomorrow morning, too! Love the OT!!!!:)

Kids and I have shoveled the driveway twice!!! And it's completely covered again! We had a brief let-up a while ago and it looked like it was the beginning of the change over to sleet & rain, so we hurried out to get the snow up before it was too heavy - and now, it looks like blizzard conditions outside and I bet we have 2 inches on the driveway again :eek:!

Well - guess I won't have to go on the treadmill today:)

Cozy Beach is great! I have a friend who lives in those condos right on the water near the beach club! We are boaters, and love going to Kelsey's Island for the day!

Webjr - I see you are going on the Spirit in May. We leave in less than a month! Yeah! Have you sailed on her before? This will be our first cruise out of NYC - I am psyched about not having to fly - and I can't wait to sail passed Lady Liberty!

Lisa!

Well, DH is plowing, too! Left at 5 this morning and doesn't know when he'll be home - is going in tomorrow morning, too! Love the OT!!!!:)

Kids and I have shoveled the driveway twice!!! And it's completely covered again! We had a brief let-up a while ago and it looked like it was the beginning of the change over to sleet & rain, so we hurried out to get the snow up before it was too heavy - and now, it looks like blizzard conditions outside and I bet we have 2 inches on the driveway again :eek:!

Well - guess I won't have to go on the treadmill today:)

Cozy Beach is great! I have a friend who lives in those condos right on the water near the beach club! We are boaters, and love going to Kelsey's Island for the day!

Webjr - I see you are going on the Spirit in May. We leave in less than a month! Yeah! Have you sailed on her before? This will be our first cruise out of NYC - I am psyched about not having to fly - and I can't wait to sail passed Lady Liberty!

Lisa!

I have not been on the Spirit but have heard very good things about it. I actually won this cruise on the Crown last July at bingo. I am really looking forward to it as well.

Hi Everyone

Here is the greater Albany, NY area we are heading for 12" to 17" of snow. I, too, wish I had stowed away on the islands rather than return on the Spirit on Feb. 2. Winter started in earnest after we got home.:( Our Jan 08 Gem cruise can't come soon enough right now.:)

We loved sailing out of NYC. There is so much to see as you sail away. Lady Liberty was so neat. It was just getting dark and you could see the torch lit up in our pictures. (Note: as others have said before, you will be taking pictures into the sun if you try to capture the Lady on your way out. We were glad we did, though, because it was overcast, etc. when we returned and the setting sun was a great backdrop.)

We also loved our time on the Spirit. She is a really wonderful, unique, classy (in the best sense) ship. Enjoy your time on her.

It's the same in Pennsylvania. We already have at least 10 inches and we are expecting more. I'm leaving out of NYC on the Spirit this Sunday and now we have to deal with snow. OH NO!!! I hope we won't have any problems getting there. Glad to hear that the Spirit is a great ship. I just heard from the weatherman that the states above us are getting a lot more snow then expected. I hope the Bahamas are sunny because I'm Sick of this weather. Hang in there spring is around the corner.

It's the same in Pennsylvania. We already have at least 10 inches and we are expecting more. I'm leaving out of NYC on the Spirit this Sunday and now we have to deal with snow. OH NO!!! I hope we won't have any problems getting there. Glad to hear that the Spirit is a great ship. I just heard from the weatherman that the states above us are getting a lot more snow then expected. I hope the Bahamas are sunny because I'm Sick of this weather. Hang in there spring is around the corner.

I hope you get to the Spirit safetly. We were on that ship last summer and it was a great cruise!

Have fun.:)

Spirit Rev,

Absolutely you can with. As much as my teenage daughter is packing, they will never notice you.

This our first cruise so we are a little Nervous but this board are such a great help.

Archived