pics from Nachi Cocom

bnsilly

A post like the one you mention in your comment make me suspicious that this Cheri may have some affiliation with another establishment that sees Nachi Cocom as formidable competition. So formidable that she feels the need to try and steer board visitors away from a great experience. I have been to several beaches/clubs in my trips to Cozumel and there is no better spot on the island (or anywhere else in the world for that matter) than Nachi. I know there are many varied opinions out in the boards, but I would hate to see someone miss the opportunity to visit Nachi because they are scared away by comments like Cheri's.

Not at all...I suggest you check this board for the number one promoter of a very popular beach club, a person who is very worried about a snorkle guide feeding fish, yet has no concern for the fact that naachi operates without a biz permit.....because of ENVIRONMENTAL VIOLATIONS AND UNPAID FINES...

I actually have posted positive things about this club until I read recent reviews of overcrowding and people getting sick on their fruit drinks...

I, sensible person that I am, said that things change, clubs change, and maybe they were overloaded with spring break...

I also suggested that people should email Island Marketing, which is a booker, not an owner...yet i was treated very rudely, told to "snooze you lose">>

well....apparently my advice was good...write to them and they will reserve chairs for cruisers..since reading the nasty posts to me I did some checking..the club is much busier cause they have the people from the hotel going there by shuttle and I think the workers are letting others in...for various prices

Hopefully they will set aside enough loungers for the cruisers so that people can enjoy their day there

It actually looks/looked like a nice place...the recent reviews were not good...

however, the environmental problems they have are quite a bit more than some fish feeding..

I think it would be hypocritical for people who profess environmental "concerns" to support Naachi...

I for one live in Florida and I can't cut down a tree without a permit and environmental rules/laws are followed...to cut down protected mangroves to build a parking lot is really bad...no wonder they can't open to the public

as for your accusations...I would like an apology..I don't work for any of these clubs...I do think that this board is rather overrun by locals, and fans or promoters....do a post count and you will see a certain person who reccomends one =size-fits-all when it comes to his "favorite beach club"...very annoying.

Cheri, we'll look forward to hearing your review after you've been there.

You might want to read what they say about the situation on trip advisor.

It seemed nice, many good reviews, but recent reviews show many more people there, more crowding. I still say it would be wise for people going there to email the booker, Island Marketing, and make sure they get a lounger.

You might want to read what they say about the situation on trip advisor.

It seemed nice, many good reviews, but recent reviews show many more people there, more crowding. I still say it would be wise for people going there to email the booker, Island Marketing, and make sure they get a lounger.

I will do this ... still going but will try to get my own confirmation that I will in fact have a lounger ... although if I have a towel, sand, water and a drink with my great friends I really don't need the chair :D

We were planning on using a wave runner and their website says they have them:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

My 2 teens will be very unhappy if they dont get to go on one!

Gee, I don't know what to tell you. I hope they do too when you get there. They certainly didn't have anything like that when I was there. I hope that website has been updated recently. If your teens are banking on there being water sports, I would pop an email over to Island Marketing to make sure. You might be better off taking your teens to the resort that has the water trampoline and the iceberg. It was very very calm when we were there. No water sports anywhere.

please come back with your opinion and picutres. The opinion will not change my reservation that I have made but I like to read what people have to say. People are very interesting.

Thank you in advance!!

When we went last week we had absolutely no problem at all getting a chair, in fact, there was only one couple there when we got there. That was right at 9:00 local time. Since it was 11:00 ship time....grrrr....we decided to get started right away with the cocktails in order to get our moneys worth....and we did!!!! We went up to the bar for a drink, and ended up staying there the rest of the day. Ordered lunch, and it was fab!!!! The dirty monkeys were excellent! We had to leave by 2:00 local time (4:00 ship time) grrrr....again!!! I would have loved a few more hours.

Now why are cruises intitled to anymore then what the hotel guests are intitled to? I mean the hotel owns the beach club right? So the hotel guests shouldn't go? I am confused?

I personally would not worry about the issue, just a bad apple in the bunch so to speak.

No ken ...not a bad apple...

one review said it was overcrowed that day...

as for people who say "I don't care if I get a chair">>then why are you paying $49 to go there??

As for the hotel comment..the hotel is not near the beach club, the hotel's beach was wiped out..they just recently (in past few weeks) started a free shuttle back and forth for the hotel guests....prior reviews would show this club as very very uncrowded...

it is apparently more crowded now with the hotel guests...and that is also why they are not doiung the buffet..only some of the hotel guests are on all inclusive...now all hotel guests can go there. Actually no buffet MIGHT be a good thing, they are letting you eat off the menu which is probably better

From reports I am reading the staff may be a bit overwhelmed..not to mention not tipped by the hotel guests..maybe they are lazy, they probably do have other chairs put away and I think you have every right to ask them to get you a lounger, you paid for it

I don't understand the "I don't care if I get a chair" mentality....being positive and easy going is nice, but why pay for a lounger and then not get it?? I would suggest that people have their confirmation from Island Marketing printed out and carry it with them to avoid dissappointment

Now why are cruises intitled to anymore then what the hotel guests are intitled to? I mean the hotel owns the beach club right? So the hotel guests shouldn't go? I am confused?

Yes, you are confused...the beach club is open without a biz permit, lost due to their environmental problems, fines unpaid..

they own a hotel that is not connected to this beach and it's beach got wiped out in Hurricaine

Up until a few weeks ago Naachi only was open to cruisers thru Island Marketing...and they also allowed their all inclusive guests to go there, but they had to get their own transportation

Legally they can NOT let the public in or sell tickets at the door, that is why cabs will make sure you have 'reservations"

A few weeks ago they put in shuttles to bring their hotel guests, both all inclusive and non all inclusive, to the beach club, the shuttles go back and forth..and this means more people....so that old reviews may not be relevant to the way it is now.

The good side may be order from menu instead of buffet ...the bad side is crowding and maybe understaffed. Older reviews do show very very few people there and this may be changing. Some people on another board say that they are paying the staff $5 to get a chair, these are people from OTHER hotels, so I think the staff may just pocket this.

Not to mention the fact that this club is really operating on the fringe of their own laws....and has a bad rep with environmentalists...that is something that may or may not concern you. Either way, you are paying for a lounger you should get it.

Yes, you are confused...the beach club is open without a biz permit, lost due to their environmental problems, fines unpaid..

they own a hotel that is not connected to this beach and it's beach got wiped out in Hurricaine

Up until a few weeks ago Naachi only was open to cruisers thru Island Marketing...and they also allowed their all inclusive guests to go there, but they had to get their own transportation

Legally they can NOT let the public in or sell tickets at the door, that is why cabs will make sure you have 'reservations"

A few weeks ago they put in shuttles to bring their hotel guests, both all inclusive and non all inclusive, to the beach club, the shuttles go back and forth..and this means more people....so that old reviews may not be relevant to the way it is now.

The good side may be order from menu instead of buffet ...the bad side is crowding and maybe understaffed. Older reviews do show very very few people there and this may be changing. Some people on another board say that they are paying the staff $5 to get a chair, these are people from OTHER hotels, so I think the staff may just pocket this.

Not to mention the fact that this club is really operating on the fringe of their own laws....and has a bad rep with environmentalists...that is something that may or may not concern you. Either way, you are paying for a lounger you should get it.

Boy you are just not a very nice person are you...

I also think you are misunderstood about who owns who. Guests of Casa Del Mar have always been allowed into the Beach club as "They" own it. So this isn't something new. The shuttles have been going on since late last year so that is not really new either.

This is copied directly from their website. www.casadelmarcozumel.com

Part of Casa del Mar is Nachi Cocom, our beach club located then minutes south of the hotel. Here you will enjoy a wonderful day at the sun; We offer guests a restaurant, swimming pool, Jacuzzi plus motorized and non-motorized aquatics sports. Shuttle transportation to the beach club for the exclusive use of our guest is provided.

OP "pics from Nachi Cocom"

I am going and would love to see pictures from people who have been.

This thread, IMHO, has gone down a different road.

I agree, and with all due respect, I posted these pics from my visit for people that would like to have a better idea of what Nachi looks like..If someone wants to go on a political tyrade about this or that I wish they would start their own thread..In the meantime..I hope someone enjoys the pics as much as we enjoyed being there...maybe we can get back on topic? :rolleyes:

I've added sharecruises to my ignore list, it makes these threads much more tolerable and helpful. I'm really tired of the opinions and hear say she spouts with zero knowledge of what she's talking about....

I've added sharecruises to my ignore list, it makes these threads much more tolerable and helpful. I'm really tired of the opinions and hear say she spouts with zero knowledge of what she's talking about....

do this ... ignore list?

Still trying to figure out these boards, a year later!

Thank you in advance.

Hey thanks!!! Will do that!:p

I didn't know about this either. Thanks... I won't have to bother with that nonsense anymore :D

Gee, sorry you can't take information, reviews from other boards, facts

...la la la la....I am reminded of ostriches...

There are other boards besides this one, and the info there shows some various changes in some places...cause that is what happens, places/management/quality can and will often change.

Reporting that is a good head's up....and unless you work for the place I do not see why you are so upset. I may "strike back" when confronted by obtuse and irrational people, ie, claiming that I work for another club or something. For that I apologize, but I still maintain that NOT having a business license is a red flag for ANY biz...would you go to a "rave" nightclub here in the states in a warehouse with no biz license?? This is the same thing...no biz license. For those who are worried about the environment, know that people who live in Cozumel are not happy with this club

The "change" is that up until this past months they only let the all inclusive guests at their hotel go there free....the others had to pay...now all can go free with shuttles running back and forth in the day..so more are coming. They are also selling $5 beach chair passes at the door...now this may be the workers making under the table money.

The serene and "empty" club pictures are lovely...but apparently it is no longer like that.

My original thought was THAT IF YOU PAY $49 YOU DESERVE A LOUNGER..PRINT OUT YOUR RECIEPT FROM ISLAND MARKETING AND/OR EMAIL THEM TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A LOUNGER...but since some of you don't care, why should I?? It would be fun to read some "making lemondade out of lemons" reviews I guess...put on a happy face

FYI : here is another thread I started, based on info from other boards...about Reef Club....here they did not shoot the messenger....and the reviews on the other site were "right">>

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=513821

As for ignoring?? I am also going to ignore a person who can't seem to keep the various boards straight and who makes them confusing..

Archived