Bermuda in October

Poochie

My family is planning to get together and go on a cruise, the Zenith, in October 2005 for my mother's 75th birthday. I'm just wondering how the weather in Bermuda is in October. Is it still warm enough to swim? If anyone has been to Bermuda in October can you let me know. Also were the seas calm or rough. I know this is still hurricane season. Any input would help.

Thank you,
Jane:)

Hi!
I did a cruise to Bermuda last October 21-27th. Honestly, it wasn't that warm. It was overcast most of the time and breezy. When we did have a sunny day the temp only reached about 80. I'm not saying it'll be 50 degrees or anything, but the temps were mostly in the low 70's. The water wasn't that warm either. It wasn't very comfortable to swim in for any long periods of time. Definitely not like the carribean.

You need to remember Bermuda is pretty far north, it's basically the same distance as North Carolina. October would be Autumn.

I'm sure it's beautiful to go there in October, but I doubt it's beach or pool weather. Especially if you are going from NY. New York won't be warm in October at least not that warm.

I've been to Bermuda 3 times in early October -- albeit the last was 6 years ago.

I might have been lucky, but my recollection was that it was definitely beach weather -- I remember going to both Horseshoe Bay and John Smith Bay beaches, with the water being delightful.

Rough waters on the trip to/fro are always a possiblity -- a storm hundres of miles away will cause rough seas.

Archived