AC suite vs Mini Suite on Dawn???

lsabe

I am booked in AC suite 10000 which is 378 square feet of cabin space. Has anybody been in this suite and can you tell me the difference between the AC and The AF mini-suite. Is there a big difference. I have been in a Mini-Suite on the Grand Princess and RCL Voyager of the Seas. Will I notice the difference.

KarlaC,

Tks for your reply. I have a few Questions that hopefuly you will answer for me. What do you mean by rocky. Did you have rough weather?? Would you advise using a prescribed patch for seasickness??

Was it always too windy to use the balcony when the ship was moving.

Tks again.

Hi,

Just returned from 7/25 Dawn Sailing. We stayed in category AA but our friends stayed in category AC 3 doors down from us. Because the suites face the front of the ship and are on high up decks, you will feel more movement than lower decks. Also, because of the front facing balconies, you get a large amound of wind when the ship is moving. However, when you are approaching port and in port, it is so beautiful to stand out on the front balconies.

Any specific questions, ask away.

Hi vtsi04

tks for the reply. Was the movement enough to warrant taking the prescribed patches for seasickness. We have been on numerous cruises, but never in the Atlantic. Mostly in the caribbean and have never taken any medications for seasickness and had no problems. We felt movement, but not severe. By the way, how was the AA. I tried to book that, but there were none available at the time. I'm still trying to see if anybody cancels and we can be upgraded. I'm sailing this sunday 8/08.

Hi Isabe,

Overall, we had a very smooth sailing. There was one rough night which was the night that we left the Bahamas headed back to NY (Friday night). We did not get sick, nor did our son (6 months old) or our friends. However, my husband and I have been on alot of cruises, some very rough and have not been sick. I think that the question of whether or not to take the medicine depends on the person, some people are just more prone to sea sickness than others. Also, I just want to point out that when I said about the balconies being windy, don't necessarily relate that to the sea being rough. The wind situation existed even when the sea was a calm as a pond, which was most of the trip. It's simply that the balcony faces forward and the ship is moving at a decent pace. But again, the balcony is beautiful for when the ship is moving slowly or stopped.

Regarding category AA, we loved it. We were originally booked for category AC and upgraded a few weeks before the trip. I can tell you that after seeing our AA room, I was a little bit disappointed with our friends AC category. Not that it isn't a nice room, however, it really isn't a suite per se. There is a curtain that you could pull over the bed area, but the dining table and sitting area are "right there". In other words, not a separate room. Perhaps it just wasn't what I expected. But the AA is great, a true separate living and dining area, separate bedroom, huge bathroom, etc. And fantastic service. My friends had a great room steward in their AC room also, and of course, access to a butler and concierge as well.

We had Ruth Hagger as our concierge for the trip and she was so great.

Hi vsti04

Tks for your response. It was very informative. I'm going to play it by ear in regard to taking the medicine. If I find it too rough, I'll take it. Hope not!

I will try like hell to get the AA the rest of this week. It's just two of us in the room, but I like to be comfortable. Did you pay for the upgrade, and if so, can you relate how much. I am not on a budget, but I definately do not want to overpay. Would appreciate, again, your feedback.

What I mean by "rocky" was that when we were sleeping at night we could feel the boat rocking up & down and back & forth. By BF and I were taking dramamine for the seasickness. It worked pretty good, but the first time we took it, it made us a little groggy:confused: . Nothing alcohol could not help:D . If you decide to take a seasickness pill start taking it the day before this way it is in your system.

As for rough weather...we left NYC when a storm was brewing. According to the "weather channel" from the bridge, we had swells between 7-12 feet. I wouldn't let this deter you. You might have great weather, but it is hard to use the balcony when "motoring" the open seas as the wind is bad. Coming and leaving port is the best time to utilize this awesome balcony.

The best part of all (and y we did not mind the rocking) was the upgrade was free. Started with a GTY mini-suite and were bumped up to this category for FREE.:D

Any more questions please ask.

Karla

Hi again,

I upgraded to the AA by contacting the regular reservation desk, not by using the reaccomodation desk so I paid $1,000.00 per person for the upgrade. I had wanted the AA all along, however, so I was willing to pay what it cost. I do know that many people have upgraded close to their cruise sail date for a few hundred, naturally, the closer to sailing the better the price. The upgrade to the category AC for our friends I got only 1 week before sailing and paid $1,000.00 to upgrade them from an inside room. That was a great deal. But please don't let me make you think that you won't enjoy the AC, it is a very nice room, I just expected a bit more based upon the description.

Archived