snorkeling tours

cruiselover11

Hello Cruiselover,

We will be in Tortola on May 8th. We felt it neccesary to book through Carnival this time as we're only there till 2PM. We are going on the tortola snorkeling tour.....to Norman Island and the caves. Hope you have a good time. TRESE

try white squall. they have an older wooden sailboat that is under sail power for most of the trip. they make 2-3 snorkeling stops depending on the weather, serve a very good caribbean buffet, and it all makes for a perfect day in paradise. give them a try.

steve

It's been said here before, but you absolutely cannot go wrong with Patouche catamaran. We've visited 14 islands on 9 cruises, and love snorkeling, have taken many excursions for snorkeling - and this one is far and away the best we've ever done. They do two routes, one includes The Baths, the other (the one we went on) stops at three different places and the snorkeling was absolutely breathtaking. Great people, great food, unlimited drinks. I wish we were there right now!!!

Gene and Kathy from Cape Cod

• 2 months later...
Hello Cruiselover,

We will be in Tortola on May 8th. We felt it neccesary to book through Carnival this time as we're only there till 2PM. We are going on the tortola snorkeling tour.....to Norman Island and the caves. Hope you have a good time. TRESE

TRESE, how was this shore excursion with Carnival? We are thinking of taking it.

I agree with previous post on the White Squall II. It is an old scooner and the trip was THE highlight of our 1st cruise. They normally go to the baths, but there were two cruise ships in port that day and so the captain took us to more private snorkel locations. His crew were awesome guides in the water and I saw sea turtles, a spotted ray, and baracuda. During the beach break make sure that you grab a Bushwacker (nummy!!!)

Thank you all for your feedback, unfourtunatly we are in port from 7am-3:30pm.

Patouche will not have a tour, b/c the boat will be towed somewhere for the hurricane season and White Squall hours are 9-4.

i did e-mailed them just in case they will be able to accommodate us.

I know from previous experience that if you can get enough snorkelers for a trip that Patouche will adjust their trip time to accomodate you. Try polling your "Roll Call" thread(s).

White Squall may also do the same? It's worth asking.

Hello everyone!

I just got a reply from White Squall, they can not accomodate us ether b/c of our time in port.

Patouche told me that the boat is going to be towed somewhere for hurricaine season.I have just e-mailed these guys http://www.caribbeanimagestours.com/. Will see what they say.

I'll keep trying.......... running out of names of tour companys :(

Patouche is great. Try to arrange a trip with them.. Used them last year and best snorkeling we have ever had. Crew was informative and helpful and went into water as well to assist. Norman Island was good snorkeling.

Archived