Advice re excursions - Mediterranean

Pollypops

Hi

I'm going to be travelling with my 85 year old mum, so we will probably take some of the ship's excursions.(P&O) There seem to be quite a few 3 - 4 hours with not too much walking, which will suit us. My question is, do they make plenty of stops for photos, also for comfort breaks? (I believe the coaches in France, Italy etc don't have wc's, unlike most of the ones in the UK now). Or will they stop if you ask them. I always worry about this!

Thanks,

Polly

Yes. They always make photo/gift shop stops along the way. Go take a look at the Med ports board and I am sure it will be more informative! We had older people as well on our tours along with a couple in wheelchairs. We had lots of stops and the tour guides are very accommodating.

Every tour that we took which involved a bus made lots of stops for pictures, bathroom breaks or to purchase water or sodas. The only exception I can recall was our tour to Rome. The port is quite a distance from Rome and both coming and going to Rome the bus did not stop at all – it went straight through. However both the pick up and drop off points had bathrooms right there so you could prepare for an hour and a half ride.

Every tour that we took which involved a bus made lots of stops for pictures, bathroom breaks or to purchase water or sodas. The only exception I can recall was our tour to Rome. The port is quite a distance from Rome and both coming and going to Rome the bus did not stop at all – it went straight through. However both the pick up and drop off points had bathrooms right there so you could prepare for an hour and a half ride.

Florence was the same...... long bus ride (1-2 hrs as I remember) with no stop. I do not remember if there was a WC onboard. Sometimes yes sometimes no. Best to check each for the distance traveled and what stops are planned...i.e. some like Corfu the places we went were close by, and we were stopping for tourist attractions three times.

Archived