Cruising with back problems - & Advise on Med ports?

MrsJobba2

Hi,

This is my first post. I have degerated discs in my spine - which can mean I have some mobility problems. I find sitting for a long time and walking can cause difficulties. I tend not to book excursions as often I do not know how I'll be (mobility wise) until the actual day.

This year my husband and Myself are going on the Disney 11 night med cruise.

I wondered if anyone had any general advise or indeed advise on these ports Marsielle, VilleFranche and Civitavecchia /Rome.

We have looked the excusrions offered inCivitavecchiaand it is a 2hr journey to Rome and I couldnot make it. I was wondering is there anything near to the port itself to see?

I appreciate your help

Thanks

I also have walking difficulty. Do you do better if you are in a car and can move a little for the ride? If so I would recommend you contact "driverinrome.com". They will pick you up at the pier in a nice sized car and take you to see the sights. The good thing about using the car is that you greatly decrease your walking since the car can get closer to the sights than the bus can. Also if there is something you want to see you can go there as the driver/guide is at your disposal. It does not get rid of the drive from the port but I found it OK especially since I had much less walking to do once we arrived in town. We did not stay at the port so I cannot help you there.

Archived