Whats the best thing to do in Belize

labrady

When we went cave tubing they told us the water was up because they had recently had a lot of rain, but we had NO problems whatsoever in any part of the river. We were able to float through 2 caves and at no time was I ever claustiphobic....the caves are VERY tall and open.....no tight squeezes or anything like that. Hope that helps!:D

Labrady

Wife and I went in February, we choose a horseback adventure in the jungle through Shoretrips.com. The tour met us at the dock on time. It ended up being just the two of us and we had a great time. To get to the Bannana Bank resort you have to get on a boat which is hand pulled across the Belize river. You can read all about the tour at Shoretrips.com or the resorts sight ( i cannot remember their site, but it is the Bannana Bank resort). The cost was also reasonable. We did pay a few xtra $ to ensure a tour if there were only two of us. It was well worth it as we were in the jungle for 2 hours.

No problem with an 8 year old as long as they are not afraid of horses. The horses are very calm and sure footed. Highly reccommended.

Darryl icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I had heard the river was low and just wondered how the cave tubins was......can't WAIT to get there and visiting with Narciso and all the guides again.....they are ALL AWESOME!!! That hot sauce is pretty good too, so I'll be buying some more!!!:eek:

My friend's legs are bothering her so we are looking for a low activity tour or beach for our visit-no zips, caves, etc. Any suggestions?

We are with you. My friend has bad knees and can't walk great distances. We would love to do the cave tubing - but the walk to the area is too much for us.

Does anyone know of a good beach tour?

Just off the GRAND on April 28th.

There were eight of us in my group. We all did the Coral Breeze tours, a couple went diving, two did the beach day, and the rest went snorkeling. The two that did the beach day were bored. There were only a few shops and all the shops had pretty much had the same stuff. There wasn't much of a beach there and it is hard to find any shade. I was told that it is the slow season in Belize now so some things shut down. Therefore, think twice about going to Caye Caulker and staying there all day. Also, I did not see the water taxi that goes from Caye Caulker to the Belize at all.

Also Coral Breeze do not offer diving after May since it is the slow season.

• 1 month later...

we arrived at the belize dock at 7:15 local time for our 7:30 departure and easily found Marcia and the belize shore tour crew holding the V.I.V. signs at terminal 1.

our party of 12 was accomodated easily in a clean passenger van. Charlie our guide was friendly, funny and informative entertaining us all day. at the ziplines we had 2 expert guides talking to us about the zipline equipment, the forest and local culture. the zipping itself was super fantastic, certainly wished we could do it all over again. after a 30 minute walk charlies lead us though a magnificent cave system, the water is very low and our guide managed to navigate through the deeper sections and "butts up" on the lower sections and we never had to walk in the shallows like others we saw in the area. the tour ended at 1:30 local time this tour is certainly worth doing and i highly recommend it.

<<ssplash<<

If you're cruising. Hop off the tender stop go to the Belize Tourism desk. Have them show you to the taxi for the Ambergris Caye flight. Taxi/flight to San Pedro and return taxi should be $52 USD per person. They'll get you back in plenty of time. I've done it a couple of times. San Pedro (Ambergris Caye) has great water to snorkel (I didn't SCUBA since I didn't want to take chance on my flight time), great restaurants and a cool place to chill out. The flight (via Maya Air) shows you the beautiful colors of the waters. Flight time is 20 mins.

Otherwise.....do the caving thang! Have a Belikan for me too!:D

• 8 months later...

I am planning our second cruise with a visit to belize in november.we did the cavetubing before and this time we are gearing up towards the ATV, .

<the youngest in our group is and 8 th year old and i am concerned if its ok for kids ?? i appreciate any input on this . tnks:)

• 1 year later...

Archived