Walking distance from the Doubletree Hotel San Pedro

2Canucks

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Doubletree a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if the grill is in walking distance, but the Doubletree will take you anywhere you want to go in San Pedro for free in their shuttle van. You can call them when you are done and they will come pick you up. They were very nice and accomodating. They even brought some of us to the local Starbucks for a pick me up and then to the supermarket for last minute supplies. The driver stayed with us the whole time during this excursion.

Is it possible to walk to the "22nd Street Landing Bar & Grill" from the Doubletree Hotel San Pedro? Does anyone have pictures of this area or know where I can find some pictures online?

Pat :)

If you prefer walking, it is possible and actually enjoyable because you walk along the waterfront. If you go to mapquest.com, enter "whalers walk" in the address and then "san pedro ca" in the city and state. Then in the top right hand corner of the map, click on "aerial". The hotel is just above Whalers Walk. You would follow north along the marina's left edge and then turn right on 22nd St., the restaurant is the tile roof at the end of the marina's main channel.

Is the Port o call village close to the Doubletree? Has anyone gone there recently? Is there a restaurant there anyone would advise for or against? Is it walking distance from the hotel? We'll be there Tuesday night so looking for a nice place for dinner. Thanks!

Is the Port o call village close to the Doubletree? Has anyone gone there recently? Is there a restaurant there anyone would advise for or against? Is it walking distance from the hotel? We'll be there Tuesday night so looking for a nice place for dinner. Thanks!

The Port o Call village is not within walking distance of the Doubletree. Your only options without a car or shuttle are the hotel restaurant and 22nd Street Landing Bar and Grill ( http://www.22ndstlandingrestaurant.com/ )

It's not white table cloth dining, but it is good food. The hotel however, may shuttle you to Port O Call. It's been a while since we've eaten at any of the restaurants there so I can't make any recommendation.

TMCCA...I'm "really" surprised you had a negative experience at this hotel they have been doing a total renovation so you must have gotten one of the "old" rooms they haven't gotten too yet!

There are "many positive" reviews for this hotel now listed on Cruise critic and other cruise websites. Here is one message board concerning this hotel....http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=512931

We have booked a "Bay/Marina view with balcony" room for our upcoming pre cruise stay on the advise from friends who have also stayed there recently. Too bad you didn't ask for a Bay/Marina view room, much better than looking at the garbage bins!!

pvmeistrel..."Thank you" for the walking info. We like to walk, so will probably do the walk to the 22nd Landing Restaurant and Grill and also check out the Marina, and chat to whoever is around the yachts. Is the Red Car Trolley, anywhere near or would we have to get the hotel's shuttle to take us to it? We'd like to take the short ride on the Red Car and check it out and the Port O Call village too!

pvmeistrel..."Thank you" for the walking info. We like to walk, so will probably do the walk to the 22nd Landing Restaurant and Grill and also check out the Marina, and chat to whoever is around the yachts. Is the Red Car Trolley, anywhere near or would we have to get the hotel's shuttle to take us to it? We'd like to take the short ride on the Red Car and check it out and the Port O Call village too!

If you are really into walking, you could continue on down 22nd street to the main corner. There's a parking lot and the beginning of the red trolley car.

When you walking around the marina and see a boat named "Califia", say hi. We are currently docked there. Not a yacht... but our piece of heaven.

We stayed at the San Pedro double tree in Feb. I would not recommend this hotel. I will stay in a pup tent before I stay there again.

I stayed in this hotel in Feb. as well and found it to be very nice. Check in was a breeze and the hotel was VERY clean! I would stay there again in a heart beat.

I attended a luncheon there last week and they have done a very nice job with the renovations. Not all of the public areas have been re-done, but I believe all of the rooms have. We were able to see a marina view standard king and it was very nice. They have the "Sweet Dreams" beds that looked as nice as a Westin Heavenly bed. The toiletries are Neutrogena products.

22nd Street Landing is a healthy walk from the hotel. I probably wouldn't walk there after dark (at least not late at night), in an abundance of caution. San Pedro is a mix of some very nice neighborhoods and some very rough ones, and the boundaries are a bit blurred.

We stayed at the Doubletree on March 30 in a marina view room. It was very nice and I would stay there again and whole-heartedly recommend it. We took a walk the afternoon we were there and walked all the way to the Los Angeles Maritime museum, through the Ports O Call Village, and back along the waterfront. We fitness walk 6.5 Km (4 mi) almost daily and found this to be a very easy walk. Other than the fitness benefits, it wasn't worth it! Mind you, what else is there to do the day before your cruise ship leaves? Most of the place was closed, and what was open was not worth seeing. We did notice that the parking lot was full on Saturday, so there must be something that the locals like? We met a couple from San Pedro on our ship and she said she would never recommend this part of her city to tourists! I wouldn't even think of walking in this area closer to dark.

What sort of pictures are you looking for? We took some, but I don't know if they would tell you what you want to know.

D & D Canada.....I was just curious to see pictures of the area around the Doubletree hotel, marina and Port O Call Village if someone has any.

Where are you from in Canada? We're in Alberta!

Doubt you could find a safer walk at night, than from the DoubleTree to 22nd Street. Nothing but boats and boaters, and most of us who keep boats at Cabrillo Marina wont hold you up for your pocket change. Promise. I am pretty sure PVMeistrel doesnt do muggings, either.

Two blocks from 22nd Street, you are on your own.

D&DCanada....Small world!! We lived in Calgary before we moved to Medicine Hat, 6 years ago!! Thank you for the walking info...we will be doing lots of walking during the two days we are there before our cruise. If we decide to go out at night we'll use the shuttle or a taxi.

daveco58 & pvmeistrel...must be great to have your own boat! :cool:

Is the Port O Call similiar to San Diego's Seaport Village??

We loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. We hadn't originally booked a marina view room, but when we checked in we were asked whether we'd like one. Our room was beautiful, the view of the marina was gorgeous, the bed was soooo comfortable. We had dinner in their restaurant that night and then walked through the marina. Think moonlight and romance!

It's in a great location, too, right at the mouth of the channel. The last photo below was taken from the ship as we left. The Doubletree is the long building in the center.

IMG_0149.jpg.2b345f5137f236221513de7e1e1d41e7.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg.211e22620e32c3903b3afed8e2d20b96.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg.c9bbe8f6c88ec3ba7e7e41aa4e9e393b.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg.0825a0f072b68e82c2c4cafb5b18efbb.jpg

D&DCanada....Small world!! We lived in Calgary before we moved to Medicine Hat, 6 years ago!! Thank you for the walking info...we will be doing lots of walking during the two days we are there before our cruise. If we decide to go out at night we'll use the shuttle or a taxi.

daveco58 & pvmeistrel...must be great to have your own boat! :cool:

Is the Port O Call similiar to San Diego's Seaport Village??

In truth, my boat would not only fit on a cruise ship, it would fit inside a tender, with room to walk around.

And Ports o'Call is similar, but smaller, older, and not as clean. (its about 50 years older). Still a nice walk around, if you are bored. lol

Archived