Code Red on the Westerdam

TriGirl

when we first boarded on 3/11 the ship was under Code Red. The previous week had 25 cases of Norovirus (the captain mentioned it at the captains Party) About half way through the week the code red was lifted and everything went back to normal. I actually liked the Code Red since there were Virox wipes everywhere and Purell dispensers. I saw several people leaving the restroom without washing their hands during the Code Red.

The cruise was great, we didn't want to leave.

In Grand Cayman we saw a huge line for the RCCL tenders. My husband thought it was our line and almost lost it, the line was about 400 yards long. The place was a zoo, we were in port with four other ships. Two Carnival and two RCCL, one was the Mariner of the Seas.

Costa Maya was nice, we went to Tequila Beach. Not much to see there, but we had great weather and a nice beach day.

Unfortunately the water was really cold in Half Moon Cay, we rented floaties but didn't use them because the water was too chilly for us.

If you have any questions please ask

Archived