I thought you weren't supposed to feel the rocking?

I have never NOT felt the motion of the ship (well, except for when it is docked!).

People who say "Oh, the ship is so big, you'll never feel it" are people who do NOT suffer from motion sickness.

Those of us that do feel it, just learn which remedy works best for us, and then use it!

And, if you're prone to motion sickness don't quit taking that medication or remedy for at least a week AFTER the cruise and on dry land. You have to take the remedy to get your sea legs, and then to lose them later! *L*

do they lock people from going out on the decks when this happens. I would love to be on a ship in a storm. might top chasing twisters here in oklahoma.

We had a water spout drop down off the port side of the Legend in January. Didn't do any damage but it sure was something to see...does that count???

QUOTE: ugh! despite that and the man overboard situation it was a GREAT trip!! :eek: :confused:

What a minute, can you tell us more about the man overboard situation? Sounds interesting, what happened?

I take Bonine everyday weather I need it or not - I don't want to take the chance of knowing. I have on occasion felt slight rocking at night when we were on the lower decks. This time March 08 we booked a LIDO balcony and I am alittle worried I will be feeling alot of rocking come night time. We have always cruised out of San Jaun were we've always heard the waters are calmer in the Caribbean Sea. ;) :cool:

just got off the glory a few days ago.. our room was on deck 2 main at the back of the ship... no rocking during the day was felt but at night it was bad. maybe we had a bad room but it was noisy and swaying quite a bit. ugh! despite that and the man overboard situation it was a GREAT trip!!

On my first cruise I felt it too and it just about killed me. My DH loved the rocking so sometimes it depends on the person. By the way, taking a nice shot of vodka (or anything, especially if you are not a drinker) right before I went to sleep did the trick for me!!

When we cruised in May and July there was very little rocking, the bit I did feel at night I really enjoyed, put me right to sleep, well, maybe that was the drinks, LOL, but the rocking was nice. When we cruised in Feb, on RCC, wow, we were in the dance club, which is on the tippy top, doing the electric slide, and I can tell you it was a riot, because we were all doing the tipsy topsy into eachother even the sober dancers! But I never became ill and again, helped rock me to sleep.

Archived