LOVED the $20 dollar massage in Costa Maya!

newtocruising99

Just curious, but what do you wear for the massage if it's on the beach? I understand if you have a 2 piece taking the top off, but what if you wear a one piece bathing suit?

When we were there I had a one piece on. She said 'Ok lady" and proceeded to take off the straps and pull the top down to my waist. She never did a flip over so I was on my stomache the whole time. When you go---some of the places are right on the road and you feel very exposed. One place has tents around you and you face the ocean and there is a two story loft also so you don't feel quite so exposed. If you go here..ask for "NELLY" she was absolutely fantastic!:)

My dad got a massage by Andrea. She is located exactly next to 40 Canones (a hotel, restaurant, towards the end of the "main" part of the strip). He was so wiped after the massage, I had to drive, now that's a good massage! She charged 150 pesos, and was totally professional. I highly recommend her!

Definitely don't stay in the Port city, take a cab to Majahual and spend as long there as you can, it's such a quaint city!

One thing I did think was overpriced were the Dresses by Miles (located directly next to Cat's Meow), he claims to not barter, charges a set price of 60 bucks, and while very pretty, can so easily be imitated and created for much cheaper by someone else! I met him at night, and he really talked up the dress, when he pulled it out I was quite disappointed. I live in Cancun, and my seamstress can make that same dress so easily. Yes, the materials are beautiful. But one can find beautiful materials all over. Personally, I'm going to pick out some great sarongs, and have my seamstress make me what I want. All in all, it will cost me 20 bucks for what he's charging 60 for.

One recommendation, barter, barter, barter, you are more respected if you barter. I usually start at AT LEAST 1/2 of what they are asking. You won't believe how many will actually say yes easily to the 1/2 price! (I'm usually disappointed when they say yes quickly, then I know I could have done so much better. I'm thinking that's how they feel when we say yes easily to the first asked price.) I often see a smile on the face of the vendor after a bartering session. It can be quite enjoyable, try it!

We got a 60 minute full body massage for $20. It was at the tent next to the restaurant in Majahual called El Faro. They were incredible! We ejoyed spending the day at El Faro, too. Good food, service, free use of chairs, free chips & salsa,$10 buckets of beer, etc.

Archived