Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

Good Morning to All you Golden Cruisers!

Have a Another Great Day at Sea!:)

(Machu Picchu or wherever):confused:

& we look forward to hearing From You All Real Soon as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!;)

Jot Bill (WIWT):eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

Would certainly love to hear from ANY of you--PLEASE

Nancy

I know I'm dying to hear also, maybe it's a signal problem.

Dianne

& we look forward to hearing From You All Real Soon as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!

Jot Bill (WIWT)

Just like "Desperate Housewife's"?:eek:

Maybe they are All at Machu Picchu or wherever?:confused:

Maybe they All fell overboard, it seem to be the Season for that?:eek:

Help!!!!!!! Us landlubbers need a "Live From" Fix, NOW!;)

(Note to jot Bill, just keep telling yourself: 26 more days, just 26 more days!)

jot Bill:)

That's a nice pic Bill' date=' but it's from yesterday...lol... Seems the cameras are stuck on March 27th. Maybe internet access is down, that's the reason no one is posting????[/quote']

Thanks Lola, Good eye, I missed that!:o

"Whatever Lola Wants - Lola Gets"!:D (I changed the title, take a look;) )

I think you hit the Nail on the Head!:) The Signal is DOWN!:eek:

jot Bill

Just my morning check in, good to see the usual "Faces" here, Now where are the people on the big boat??:confused: I'm sure you guys are right, No Signal.

Only 26 days Bill, Tax Season is almost over and you have a cruise coming. Life is good!

Good Moring Nancy and Cruising Grandma!

Dianne

Another beautiful day at sea. The Ocean this morning is very calm. One would think since we are close to the equator it would be hot and humid. The opposite is true, it is warm with a breeze, very little humidity and partly cloudy. Not sure if everyone received my previous post about 5 minutes ago, but I will retry again.

Easykruz,

Bill:)

Another beautiful day at sea. The Ocean this morning is very calm. One would think since we are close to the equator it would be hot and humid. The opposite is true, it is warm with a breeze, very little humidity and partly cloudy. Not sure if everyone received my previous post about 5 minutes ago, but I will retry again.

Easykruz,

No, we did not!:confused: Glad to see some Life onboard the Golden, we thought maybe everyone went overboard:eek: (Like on the Grand;) ) We need to hear about Machu Picchu or anything else soon, we're Desperate Landlubbers!:D

jot Bill

PS Any pics?, I'll get them posted ASAP!

[quote name='Sunviking']My daughter and I were on the round the horn cruise 3/8 - 3/20. When we stopped in the Falklands we saw lots of gentoo penguins. The penguin warden we spoke to there, a very knowledgeable lady, told us that the gentoos stay in the Falklands so you should be able to see them. We took the flight to Antarctica and saw thousands of gentoos and some chinstraps there. I don't know whether there would be any there in early April if you were to make that trip. I know people also saw them in Ushuaia but we went on a different tour there so I don't know whether they are a resident population.

Ann[/quote]

Thank you so much for the info..decided to make the change and move up to the 1/26 sail date..LuAnn

[quote name='easykruz']Another beautiful day at sea. The Ocean this morning is very calm. One would think since we are close to the equator it would be hot and humid. The opposite is true, it is warm with a breeze, very little humidity and partly cloudy. Not sure if everyone received my previous post about 5 minutes ago, but I will retry again.

Easykruz,
Bill:)[/quote]

Post 1

Well we're finally back, (in more ways than one0

Dollar Bill
Wild Bill
Mr. Bill
Billy the Kid
Bill

The internet has been reallllllllllllllllllly slooooooooooooooow, that's why no one has been posting. I will post my Machu Picchu Part 1 after this gets posted, keep your fingers crossed. When I went to post this before my second post it was lost. I will definitely be getting up early in the morning to beat the rush, so if anyone wants to come on line to join me I'll be in the internet cafe sipping a cup of coffee and posting my Machu Picchu trip.

So here goes,
Easykruz,
Bill,
Maybe it's Dollar Bill this time because Princess is making a lot of money.

Day 1, San Martin to Cusco

Vicky and I arrived in the Explorers Lounge at 6:30am to wait for the Golden Princess to dock in San Martin at 7:00am When final clearance was given we disembarked the ship and boarded our bus and met our first Condor Travel Tour Guide. To our surprise it was desolate (check out the pictures that were posted in an earlier post, I think JOT Bill posted them but if someone else posted them I apologize), there was nothing around the dock, only desert (very similar to the Sahara desert with sand dunes). San Martin was on the other side of the bay. Since there is no airport in San Martin, we flew out of the Peruvian Air Base on a chartered (LAN airlines) Boeing 737. The flight from San Martin to Cusco lasted about one hour.

I will type next paragragh in next post because everything is not going through and it takes time to post this.

We arrived in Cusco which has a population of about 100,000. To our surprise the Cusco airport terminal is a modern day airport, similar to any European or North American airport, with 6 gates and typical boarding ramps. Next we were taken to the lobby of the terminal and were split up into groups of 24 per bus. This is where we met our Cusco and Machu Picchu tour guide, Juan Carlos Machicad Figueroa, or Juan for short. Again we lucked out, like Antarctica, in having not only a great tour guide but also a well educated and noted author, the book he wrote was "When the Stones Speak". Juan gave great insight to the INKA Civilization (history, architecture, and spirituality). Juan was born and still resides in Cusco, is INKA by blood, and is a proponent for tourism (as is the whole city of Cusco) in Cusco and Machu Picchu. This way, Juan explained, the World can find out about the great INKA Civilization and the wonderful people who reside in Cusco and throughout the Valleys to Machu Picchu. I cannot say enough about how polite and courteous the residents were. Even the street vendors would approach you to try and sell you their merchandise. When you showed you were not interested, they would say to you "maybe tommorrow" and leave you alone.

When we arrived at the Hotel Libertador (5 star hotel) we were given some tea and our room keys as well as a chance to rest for 2 hours before our lunch and tour of Cusco.

Stay tuned tommorrow for Part 2.

Easykruz,
Bill and Vicky:)

I forgot to add that Juan Carlos, our tour guide, has lectured on the INKA Civilization in England, Canada, Mexico and the United States. Cusco is the way it is spelled Peru, not Cuzco. Inka is the way it is spelled in Peru, not Inca.

Tommorrow I will send some pictures of our trip to JOT Bill (again I thank him ahead of time for posting them).

I will proceed to read the posts that I missed while we were in Machu Picchu. Hopefully, the others will post there experiences of Machu Picchu as well. When I attended the Cruise Critic Meeting at noon today I asked everyone to post something, anything for all the people out there. So hopefully you will see more posts. Again, I cannot stress enough, the internet service here is very very very slow. It discourges everyone on the ship that tries to read or send e-mail.

Keep on Cruisin,
Until next time,
Easykruz,
Bill

Bill, so good to hear from you! Can't wait to hear more about your tour, it sounds great so far. I think a lot of folks here (me included) want to know how the altitude affected everyone, if at all, and any remedies people took and how those helped/didn't help. Thanks!

[quote name='Gabrielle R.']It's like reading a continuing story in a magazine, and we have to wait for the next installment! Looking forward to the pics and the stories! Thanks for posting! Gabrielle:rolleyes:[/quote]
I agree. It's exciting. Like the continued Saturday morning serials at the movies that always ended with cliffhangers. Of course you're all too young to remember them.:rolleyes:
Interesting about Inca and Inka.
BTW...the web cam for the Dawn shows it in Acapulco two days ago. The Dawn seems to have a lot of trouble with its internet as well.
Kent

Day 1 - tour of Cusco (Capitol of the INKA's

After our rest we went downstairs to eat a buffet lunch. It was a great spread of food, fresh ripe mango, papaya, melon, other fruits, salad, beef and chicken dishes, selection of desserts, papaya juice, and real coffee.

We went with Juan our tour guide, he took us around Cusco to Santo Domingo Church which is a 17th Century church built on the site of an INKA temple. We then went to Plaza de Armas, which is Cusco's main square and into the Cathedral. Most of the city was built on INKA ruins. During an earthquake in the early 1990's they began finding all these ruins underneath the present buildings.

Our next stop was the Sacsayhuaman Fortress outside the city of Cusco. Constructed of huge granite boulders, some weighing in excess of 130 tons.:eek: We then went to the Christ Statue and took some pictures of the city. Afterwards we went back to the hotel and ate dinner before we retired for the night.

Part 3, day 2, will be next. I need to get ready for a tour of the Ivory Nut Factory today. We are in Manta, Ecuador. I will send the pictures of the first day of the tour to Machu Picchu to Jot Bill to post.

Easykruz,

Archived