Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

1- Opera House Balconies in San Jose, Costa Rica.

2- Looking at the stage in the opera house. Guess who that bald headed man is sitting in the front row, just below the man standing in the orange shirt. Clue it isn't Vicky.:eek:

(Editor's Note: I put a Box around it);)

DSC03856.jpg.c1c25f6fb25505ad4d5b8ecd8e23d1d8.jpg

DSC03858.jpg.ea060d0e61564051772022a746ec054b.jpg

Promised Bill I'd try and get a posting in. Internet has been glacial all day, but finally got through.Quiet day at sea, with a formal night tonight - third of this cruise. A significant percentage of the folks on board have some kind of upper respiratory thing, including my DH, so we'll be opting out.Can't say I have much news to share, as I've been mostly taking care of DH, but did hear via my TA that the next leg - Acapulco to San Francisco has been oversold and we received an offer to switch over to a later Mexican Riviera cruise. Doesn't work for us, unfortunately, as we need to get back to SF to get home, but wasn't a bad deal if we had lived in CA instead of Hawaii.Cindy the future cruise consultant said that we have about 350 young people coming aboard in Acapulco, along with additional youth staff and also special youth security staff, which was encouraging.That's about all I have to share at this point. Maybe the connection will be better tomorrow in port.

Mary,

We did not see or hear of any crime during or after our tour yesterday. Our tour guide explained that the crime that they have is a lot less than other countries north of Costa Rica. The people and the street vendors were very nice and polite. Didn't try to oversell their merchandise.

Costa Rica is a beautiful country with a number of North American retirees living in San Jose, Costa Rica. Most people speak English and Spanish. I must say very good English.

Easykruz,

Bill:)

This was our experience also. Just wondered if we were naive in our outlook or if things had changed since we were there.

A big thanks to those posting from the ship. This has been one of the greatest "live from" threads to read about the different ports and the ship. Many of your ports you have or will visit will be ones we hope to visit in 2008. Now we have a better idea of what to expect in the ports.

JotWorld (Bill): a big thank you to you also for posting the pics.

Julia

Bill, Thanks for the OK on 'copying' the pictures. I'm putting them into my memory stick and will bring it to school. I told my studnet who was interested in Machu Picchu that I might have some pictures to show him. An 'on line friend' just went there..... So THANK YOU! For the great pictures. I know my students will enjoy seeing it.

I liked the Panama Canal Pictures- Got a whole series of the locks workign when I was there a few years ago. Have fun exploring!

Gabrielle

I've enjoyed this thread so much. We board in a few days. i have a question for those of youo on board. I had heard that the Golden was one of the ships that now has cell service on board. Is this true? Thanks, Peggy

I've enjoyed this thread so much. We board in a few days. i have a question for those of youo on board. I had heard that the Golden was one of the ships that now has cell service on board. Is this true? Thanks, Peggy

Peggy,

Yes there is cell service, not sure where on the ship to get a signal, but you'll find out when you get here.

Easykruz,

Bill

Good Morning,

We are going to dock in Hualtaco, Mexico at 11:00am today. The computers are too slow. It is my understanding that we will not get a signal in Hualtaco, today. So this is my last post until tommorrow. Good Day and Good Luck.:cool:

Easykruz,

Good Afternoon Golden Cruisers!

(& also you out there that are Landlocked);)

Have a Great Day in Mexico until 5PM!:)

& looking forward to hearing about your travels as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!;)

Jot Bill (WIWT):eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

I have been lurking and enjoying the trip. Many thanks for all the great coments and pictures. Very enlightening. Thanks for all the time and effort.

Louise in FLA:)

Louise,

I'm glad you enjoyed it, we sure did. I'm also glad that you posted, after lurking, because it helps to keep the post on the front page. It can be very discouraging when I come to the internet cafe in the morning and find this post on the second page.

Easykruz,

Good Morning Everyone,

We are pulling into Acapulco, as I type this message, it is still dark out but it is a beautiful site. Looking at all the street lights twinkling in the hills of Acapulco, and the quietness of the air and stillness of the water. Come one, come all on a journey along the Mexican Riveria while we cruise to San Francisco. Our ports along the coast include Zintanejho, Puerto Vallarta, Matzatlan, Cabo San Lucas, and of course our present port of Acapulco. We are ready for this magical cruise to meet and greet these wonderful people of Mexico.

Easykruzin to all,

Bill and Vicky:)

Believe it or not,

the internet cafe computers are so fast, and this is the transition day, where old passengers get off and new ones get on. Hmmm, I wonder why?;) Well enough complaining as long as it stays at this speed or better.:rolleyes: I'm the only one in the internet cafe. The internet cafe is closed?????????? But how did I get through the locked doors????????? To be continued.

Easykruz,

Believe it or not,

the internet cafe computers are so fast, and this is the transition day, where old passengers get off and new ones get on. Hmmm, I wonder why?;) Well enough complaining as long as it stays at this speed or better.:rolleyes: I'm the only one in the internet cafe. The internet cafe is closed?????????? But how did I get through the locked doors????????? To be continued.

Easykruz,

You were too early for them...before anyone got in to close it.:D The early bird gets his worm!

Enjoy Acapulco and the rest of the Mexican Riviera!

Mary

Good Morning Golden Cruisers!

Have a Great Day in Mexico until 11PM!:)

& looking forward to hearing about your travels as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!;)

Jot (WIWT):eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

A big thank you, again, to posting our pictures during the trip.

Easykruz,

Bill,

You are more than welcome, it was my pleasure!:)

Thank you for providing the excellent pics to post & enjoy!;)

Jot:D

Bill,

Thank you so much for posting which movies are being played.

We'll be getting on the ship on 4/12, I presume the day you're getting

off??

How was Acapulco and what tours did you do if any? Any feedback

from those who went on tours? We're still undecided, although we've

been to Acapulco for extended periods of time before, but it's been

a long, long time.

How was your weather today?

We'll be having our CC get-together on 4/13 at 11 a.m. at Skywalker's.

If you're still on board or anyone else ffrom this thread, please join us:)

Do you know, or can you find out from someone how many kids they

expect on board for next week please? It's sort of in the middle of

spring break, the day we get on, but am curious about the number

of kids.

We had 600 on the sailng in Alaska last year.

Is Dreamgirls one of the movies currently playing? I hope so.

Thanks!

"Happy"

Good Morning Golden Cruisers!

Have a Great Day in Mexico until 3PM!:)

& looking forward to hearing about your travels as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!

(Is anybody there:confused: Come in Earth!:eek: )

Jot (WIWT)

golden_bridge.jpg

Happy5804, I've had good luck calling Princess and asking about the number of children on board. They have always given me a number. I wish the internet was not acting up on the Golden since I am addicted to this thread and really miss hearing what is happening.

Archived