Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

WOW, Bill it's like magic! Not bad for a first husband. (Just a joke everyone) Thanks Bill.

Kent~It is pretty here, I'm actually at my daughters house in Forestville, guess that's 12 miles out of Auburn. If I was in town I think I would have to be overlooking at the Golden and Dawn. Would be a wonderful day to take the ferry over.

Dianne

Dianne,

It would indeed and we just saw one go by our house...if we were lighter packers we could probably take the ferry in to SF. We have friends who do.

Kent

Okay Kent, now I'm jealous your by the water I'm in the hills no water view.:( Jump on that ferry and go see those ships:D

I have to go shopping with my daughter, have a wonderful day all.

Dianne

I'd like to add a belated but sincere thanks to everyone who made this thread so interesting. Sitting cold and landlocked in West Virginia it's been a marvelous getaway. Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to brighten our days.

Would it be absolutely gross to ask in very broad terms how much, say, an inside or oceanview on one of these very long cruises to more interesting places costs? In very broad terms, per week compared to the usual stuff. You seem to have visited rather more interesting - or at least different - places than the usual West Indian beaches and fally-downy European cities.

Penguins - they have them in Edinburgh zoo. They do a "parade" amongst the toursts. One of them took a fancy - yes I mean that - to my youngest and lacerated his leg in a moment of misplaced passion. Might give them a miss.................

Thanks

Okay Kent, now I'm jealous your by the water I'm in the hills no water view.:( Jump on that ferry and go see those ships:D

Dianne

Actually I'd love to but were waiting for the transpo peeps to take us to the pier to sail away on the Golden. The question is when will we actually board?:confused:

We could start a pool.:)

Would it be absolutely gross to ask in very broad terms how much, say, an inside or oceanview on one of these very long cruises to more interesting places costs? In very broad terms, per week compared to the usual stuff. You seem to have visited rather more interesting - or at least different - places than the usual West Indian beaches and fally-downy European cities.

Penguins - they have them in Edinburgh zoo. They do a "parade" amongst the toursts. One of them took a fancy - yes I mean that - to my youngest and lacerated his leg in a moment of misplaced passion. Might give them a miss.................

Thanks

If you go to http://www.princess.com and go to the cruises section and pick a destination they'll give you pricing.

Kent

sausalitocam.jpg

sausalitoapartment%20081aaaaaGoldenGateBridge.jpg

Hello Everyone,

Vicky and I made it back home and dropped off "Ballroomcruiser", Bob and Amy, at their house. They, of course, were also on the cruise with us. Had a great time meeting new folks on the cruise, ate dinner with "DonahCbrown" Donna & Dennis, "Coo359a2" Ken & Tina, and Arlene & Milt.

Now, I need to lose the stomach and extra pounds that I gained.:eek: So it's back to my road bike, in fact after I saw the above picture I noticed this is the same route we take next month, over the Golden Gate turn right down the hill into Sausalito, and ride along the beach and stop for lunch at a deli in Sausalito. ;)

We are still waiting for the new cruisers, come on folks. Now it's my turn to demand they post.:D

Easykruz,

Bill and Vicky

PS thanks for the wonderful pictures.

I'm not a fan of posting on the Ad Page!

Wow, Bill your home already! My Mom lives in Sacramento so I make a lot of trips there. Thank you so much for your posting's I was so anxious to hear about Machu Picchu. How long did disembarkation take?

Thanks again for all the work you did.

Dianne

Dianne

I have a house in the Mountains on a private lake;) , you should have never left!:D (Private joke, too shay?)

Jot(Bill)

PS Bill(easykruz), Welcome back to the "Real World" or is it? Jot :)

I M A M :confused: Okay you got me that one I am going to have to give some thought to it.

I almost thought I saw the ship backing out. I think the Golden Gate bridge picture on the other site is a stock picture not a web cam:( So probably won't be seeing the ships go under the bridge.

Dianne

vitaminz1990 user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_9783466", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sultan_sfo viewpost.gif

6:30 pm -- Dawn is pulling out now!

"YEP! I can see it pulling out from my bedroom window. lol lucky i have a view of both ships... who needs webcams?" :D

vitaminz1990

Camera.jpg

Since I will be cruiseing when the Golden gets into San Francisco on APRIL 22 I only hope that someone will continue to post and let us know how things are going I will be here till next Thur. Please lets hear from you.

I'm not a fan of posting on the Ad Page!

Wow, Bill your home already! My Mom lives in Sacramento so I make a lot of trips there. Thank you so much for your posting's I was so anxious to hear about Machu Picchu. How long did disembarkation take?

Thanks again for all the work you did.

Dianne

Hello Dianne,

Disembarkation started 1/2 hour late, we were off the ship at 9:45am and by the time I found my luggage, a stevedor (sp?) and my car it was 11:00am when I drove away. As usual, passengers were hanging out in the Atrium that didn't belong there, but I'm use to it by now. Your very welcome for the postings of Machu Picchu. I wish Andy (Drandyl) would have added his experience of Machu Picchu, since he did an independent tour.

Easykruz,

Bill:)

PS Bill(easykruz), Welcome back to the "Real World" or is it? Jot

Jot Bill,

The real world is not staying home but in meeting people all over the World. :eek: Cruising is just one mode of transportation to get there.:D

Good luck on your (Real) World Cruise.;)

Easykruz,

Bill:)

Good Morning "New" Golden Cruisers!:)

(& also you out there that are Landlocked)

Have a Great Day at Sea!:D

& looking forward to hearing more "Live from the Golden" as you continue to Acapulco! ;)

Jot

BTW: "Golden sailed around 8:45 pm." /Sultan

(Almost 5 Hrs late :eek: )

golden_bridge.jpg

Here are some Pics of the Golden & Dawn yesterday in San Fran Compliments of:

CL-JW

"Jack & I spent the afternoon & evening yesterday in San Francisco watching the Dawn Princess & Golden Princess getting ready to depart.

Dawn left around 6:30. Golden sometime after 8:30. We had to leave prior to Golden's departure. Did get some pics though:

Dawn Princess in San Francisco

Golden Princess in San Francisco

Craig & Jack "

Jot:)

Archived