Jet Boat Adventure

jnl134

Has anyone taken this tour with Island Marketing? It's a 4 passanger little speed boat that goes to stingray city and also a tour to rum point. Do you know if your tour guide goes in the water with you at stingray city? How fast does the boat go? Do you feel a lot of motion? Looks kinda fun, any imput please:)

• 2 months later...
Has anyone taken this tour with Island Marketing? It's a 4 passanger little speed boat that goes to stingray city and also a tour to rum point. Do you know if your tour guide goes in the water with you at stingray city? How fast does the boat go? Do you feel a lot of motion? Looks kinda fun, any imput please:)

Hello- Just curious if you ever got anymore info on this excursion? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Yup- Just got home (Carnival Triumph). Booked the Jet boat hire from Peter at Fat Fish Adventures. http://www.fatfishadventures.com - the boats are really really fast and fun. I had my wife and 2 sons with me (5 and 10) and had to take it a little easy as the seas were choppy. But when it flattened out and I got to open it up....Wow. Also getting to do stingray city in a very small group looked like way more fun than the cattle boats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We jsut did the jet ski tour wit island marketing. We had the 9am trip with no problems getting there on time.(OUt of the Grand Camanian Resort). My family rode the jet ski's. New pristine machines and fast!!! WE rode out to the stingrays and our guide was very good about showing us around and telling about the rays. I can't tell how envious the groups on the over crowded boats were at our ride up on the jet skis!The next group I think about noon, used one of the jet boats and it also was new and look like a balst. Either way jet ski or boat, you will get soaked in the waves. It was our first ride and it was insanelyFUN!The guide really let us set the pace.me slower and my Dh and son fast!It was our favorite excursion on the week cruise.

We booked the exact same jet boat adventure through Island Marketing and left from The Grand Camanian Resort. My dh and I had the jet boat and there were about 6 jet skis in our group. We went SSSOOO fast. The guide said that was the fasted they had EVER gone out to stingray city. We set the pace in our boat and the water was so rough we just about beat ourselves to death. He said we just about hit the reaf too! OOOPPPS! He said to aim for all those boats in the distance and he didnt care how fast we went...so we did. This excursion is definately NOT for anyone with back problems. We were SO tired and SO sore the next day!! It was fun though and we had 2 great guides. TIP...dont get ahead of your guide. It's hard to see where the reaf is when going so fast.

Did anyone hang out at the resort after? They said you had full use. We thought about hanging out and having lunch and a few drinks? They also have a mangrove tour, where you ski to the mangroves, stop for a break at kaibo, then snorkle the reef. We would like to do that. Also, those that did the rays, how long was the rum point stop? Thanks!

Archived