Conquest / Zip line tour / parental waiver

katgilm

We will be on the Conquest for the 4/1 cruise. Three families are traveling and one of the dads has offered to take all the boys (3) on the canopy tour in Jamaica. I assume everyone will have to sign a liability release (waiver of claims) including the parents of two of the boys he is taking. This will be a Carnival booked excursion. Does anyone know when you are given the waiver to sign? We are hoping it is before they leave rather than when they arrive at the zip line tour site since the other parents won't be going on the tour.

Dw & I did the Canopy Tour on Valintines Day 2007 while we were on the Conquest Cruise. Yes..... you sign the wavier there at the place where you are putting on your Harness. I would think IMHO.... that if you had a signed letter by the Parents giving you Permission to take the Boys you would be just fine.

I can tell you that the Canopy Tour was Simply AWESOME ! ! ! ! ! ! :D

We are sailing again with our Kids May 27th on the Rhapsody of the Seas and we have already booked our Canopy Tour Excurision through RCCL.

We can't wait to Zip through the Jungle again with the kids.

The people there are VERY Focused on SAFETY :)

You all are in for quite an adventure ! ! ! !

BTW..... our kids ages are 21, 19, 15 & 12.

We will be on the Conquest for the 4/1 cruise. Three families are traveling and one of the dads has offered to take all the boys (3) on the canopy tour in Jamaica. I assume everyone will have to sign a liability release (waiver of claims) including the parents of two of the boys he is taking. This will be a Carnival booked excursion. Does anyone know when you are given the waiver to sign? We are hoping it is before they leave rather than when they arrive at the zip line tour site since the other parents won't be going on the tour.

We have a roll call going... come see us at the link below (tho it may direct you to an older page). We are working on a cocktail party!

Bummer...no pre-booking that excursion. I guess we'll have to wait until the cruise to see if we can sign the waiver ahead of time... Thanks for your reply!

The waiver you're signing is not a Carnival waiver. It's a waiver for the company actually leading the excursion. It's not something that Carnival will have, or something that Carnival can answer. You'd have to contact the tour company directly.

Also, you have to pay for this excursion before showing up. They won't take you out there unless you have a ticket.

For those of you who have done this tour, do you think people in the 70's could do this excursion? My parents will be going with us and they are in great health, so do you think they could do it?

Also can you tell me if it's better to wear shorts or pants?

How long did the excursion take?

How long was the bus ride?

And finally do you remember how much it cost per person?

Thanks!!! :D

Gayle

In my Opinion your Parents should be JUST FINE :) As they say in Jamaica..."No Problem Mon"

Here are some Youtube Links that will give you a Idea what is Like. From my own experience.... It was AWESOME..... A MUST DO ! ! ! !

As I said earlier.... we are doing the excurision again with our kids. My youngest is 12 yrs old. Anyway.... enjoy the Youtube Video's

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=canopy+adventure

:D

Archived