Need Help With Monarch

Atty

My DW and I are thinking of taking our daughter on the 3 night Monarch out of LA for her first cruise (she will be 7). Does anyone have Adventure Ocean Compasses I can look at for the Monarch?

Thanks.

My DW and I are thinking of taking our daughter on the 3 night Monarch out of LA for her first cruise (she will be 7). Does anyone have Adventure Ocean Compasses I can look at for the Monarch?

Thanks.

I don't have a compass...but I can tell you my kids (7,7,10, 15) they had a blast! Gaga ball (like dodgeball) pirates parades, scavenger hunts, dances, pizza partys. I never saw them. They always wanted to go to the kids club.

Thanks.

Hey that sounds great! Lemme know if you do it and how she liked it!

We were just on the Monarch in January with our then 7 month old, and while he was too young to partake in the festivities of Adventure Ocean, we still went down to check out the facilities for future reference (sorry, we didn't keep any of our compasses). It all looked pretty cool to me and DW, and the kids seemed to be having a great time!!! We also found the adult counselors there to be very nice when we spoke with them, and they appeared to be very engaged with the kids.

We actually booked a cruise on the Liberty for Sept lol.

I saw your post and looked at that. If we could do it, we would but Stacey's vacation time won't let it happen and we don't have anywhere to send the kids for that week.

Its only a couple hundred extra bucks for the 3 night long weekend :) If you did a JS, you'd be Platinum after it then with the Liberty sailing in there hehe

Went on the Monarch in Feb. and there was a 10 year old boy in the group. He loved the kids club! He did eat all his meals with his parents --but, he was all over the ship with the group activities. I don't have the compass -- but, I know that the age group seemed to be having a blast!

Atty - go for it! I took my daughter on her first cruise when she was 7 (many years ago) and she did some of the kids activities and some things with us. I can't believe I left her on board in the kids club when we went into Nassau - after that she came with me for port visits. RCCL isn't like the big red boat (ok, tweety came and put her to bed one night) but she loves crusing and is happy to hear that I'm looking into a cruise with her in January since I left her off the AOS this year! A short trip is a great way to introduce your daughter and even if she doesn't do everything in the kids club, you all have a good time. Try to get them to seat you at a dining table with another kid her age.. it was very helpful in getting my daughter involved.

Hey Shannon!

I saw your post and looked at that. If we could do it, we would but Stacey's vacation time won't let it happen and we don't have anywhere to send the kids for that week.

Its only a couple hundred extra bucks for the 3 night long weekend :) If you did a JS, you'd be Platinum after it then with the Liberty sailing in there hehe

I'll let you talk Chris into that one!!:D

Archived