Jewel for itinerary

Dlynn

I am having a hard time deciding on a ship for our Eastern Cruise. We have been on the Navigator and Mariner and loved them both. I want to go on the Jewel because I love the itinerary. My kids are worried they won't like it as much as the Voyager Class. They didn't use the ice rink. They spent alot of their time swimming, in the arcade, or on the sports deck. They will both be teenagers when we go. Does Jewel have something similar to the Cafe Promenade? My kids loved running down for pizza and cookies. I just wish the bigger ships did four day Eastern ports. Thank You for any information.

Jewel is a beautiful ship and has many facilities for kids, a sports deck,rock wall, video arcade, mini-golf, and self-leveling billiard tables. If they are looking for pizza, it is available just inside the Solarium, as are delicious crepes. Seaview Cafe is also open late for burgers, hot dogs, snacks, and a variety of food items and great milk shakes. It may not have the ice rink and Royal Promenade that are features of the Voyager and Freedom ships, but the Adventure Ocean program is very good and I think that as long as teens have others that they can hang with, they shouldn't be bored on Jewel of the Seas.:) You might also get them involved in picking offship excursions in order to increase their enthusiasm and enjoyment of the ship.:)

Had similar concerns for our kids, ages 10 and 12 . Next cruise will be on LOS when they are 11 and 12. But need to have thenext one picked so I can book while onboard. Since I have done Voyager class 3 times and now will be doing Freedom class, I really want to do Radiance Class.... But will the kids have enough to do. I think the answer is YES, and there should be no worries. Boy do i ever wish i had a kidsitter for them, and DH and I could go alone!

I was worried about that as well last year....but they have the rock wall...sports deck, mini golf....and the seaview cafe has burgers and shakes...there is plenty for them to do....

One less thing to worry about.

Have fun!!!!

We just off the Radiance last week. It is Jewel's sister ship, it was would be perfect for boys that age. There was a basketball court, ping pong tables, rock climbing.

The Seaview cafe was right off the sports deck, and very tasty!

Next cruise, we are taking our kids on the Jewel or Radiance.

Have fun! The Eastern iternary rocks!

Thank you for all the replies. I love the idea about having the kids pick their excursions. I'm sure we will enjoy the Jewel as much as the Voyager class! We are doing Western on Liberty before we do Eastern on Jewel.

I always wondered why people would do the same ship over and over when there were so many to explore. I found my own answer. Look at my signature. We are booked for the third time on Jewel of the Seas. We just got off the Adventure with the kids said they liked the Jewel.......and so do I.

Archived