Cabin #765 on the Paul Gaugin

Westiemom2

I have stayed in 763. You can see the water going by but there is a portion of the deck below that partially obscures looking straight down at the water. As in most aft cabins, you see where you have been rather than where you are going. One thing to be aware of is that there is not much breeze on those cabins even when under way since the wind is blocked by the ship so it can get very hot. The deck below is an open deck that is immediately behind the La Veranda restaurtant. You can look up from that deck to the decks on the aft suites but I very seldom saw people down there (so there is not total privacy on those decks...they have clear glass railings). They used to have tables down there for outdoor dining at La Veranda but they are now gone. There is total privacy from above and from the sides.

763 was on the corner and it and 767(the other corner) are smaller cabins (about 185sf) than the other after suites. 765 is the middle aft and it is larger (225sf) and 764 and 766 flank 765 and are about 215sf. A typical C level cabin is 200sf. 763 and 767 do not have much closet space I would estimate only about 3-4 feet of hanging space and less inside seating area than the others. The wall to where the sliding door to the deck is curves around to the head of the bed and cuts off cabin space. The decks on the aft cabin are however about twice as deep as the other C level cabins and average about 75sf. I was traveling as a single in that cabin and it was great for one but I would think it would be a bit cozy for two. The bathroom was very nice and large with a large shower and no tub.

Let me know if you have other questions. Mike

Thank you Seattlecruiser from another Washingtonian. I put a hold on #765 which is right next to 767 (the center cabin). Your description gave me a lot to think about. I am concerned about not getting any breezes and it becoming hot. Also, do you get the restaurant noise and smells below you? How is the vibration and engine noise?

I did not notice any smell or noise from the restuarant below. At times I heard some minor music noise from La Palette above but not annoying at all. There is some vibration from the engines but again nothing that bothered me. I was wrong in my cabin numbers they go 763, 765, 767, 766, 764 from one corner to the other.

Not sure if you have seen this, but this was the only photo of the aft of the ship that I was able to find prior to my cruise.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/susangrant/Tahiti%20June%202006/04b794b0.jpg

I am booked by my travel agt in cabin #764. Now I wonder about this location and whether it is hot, less spacious for storage, too much motion and the view. Any info on this location, please advise. It's our first experience on the Gauguin and Regent Line.

Girl California

• 2 weeks later...

seattlecruiser - Are all the outside tables gone from La Veranda now that the aft cabins on level 7 have been built? We loved having breakfast and lunch outdoors at those tables. I'm hopeful that they still have a few on each side.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from PG.I was told by one couple in the 700+ cabin area they had a bad vibration problem and wanted to move to another cabin.

The PG is not built for open ocean with only a 15' draft.The weather was perfect for 11 days but even so some people in the higher cabins were very aware of the motion.

Archived