Question regarding reserving/cancelling

We're planning on a cruise with several family members, however one of my sister's and her husband own a Quizno's so they're not entirely sure if they'll be able to go. This is for a May/June 2008 itinerary so over a year away. They're ability to get away would depend on if they can hire a good manager or not because it's during their busiest season. My sister would rather not wait until last minute to book a room due to the chance of getting a poor cabin or no tickets at all, but at the same time she's unsure if they'll be able to make it in the first place. So our question is if she reserves a room, but ends up not being able to go will she be able to be reimbursed the full amount of the reservations. Will she need travel insurance in order to do that?

Also, if they wanted to cancel after final payment, you would need to make sure the insurance covered their particular reason for cancelling the trip. Be sure to read the fine print. Even if you cancel the cruise very early, you do not get the cost the insurance back, but if you do not buy the insurance within a few days of booking the cruise, there are usually a lot of restrictions on cancelling and using the insurance.

I hope this helps.

Archived