The Doges Palace Tour in Venice

hi

We are a group of six from Sydney, Australia and have booked 2 x back to back cruises on Carnival Freedom starting on 19th April 2007 & ending on 13th May.

One of the ports we visit is Venice Italy............ and we had some good feedback (from past cruisers) on tour at the Musei Civici Veneziani, Palazzo Ducale &.translation, The Doges Palace.

I understand that there is a telephone number we can call at the museum and reserve spots for the English, Secret of the Doges tour. By calling the museum the approx. ticket cost 16 Euro. By ordering them through an internet tourist site they cost about $US75 for the same tickets.

Can any of our wonderful Cruise Critic friends post the phone number to call in Italy so we could make a reservation on the phone. Also apparently you don't have to pay until you arrive at the museum.

Please let us know and thanks and see you on the ship

Morris, Tini, Denise, Geoffrey, Mark and Heather :D

Hi Fellow Aussies,

The phone no. I got from a CC poster who cruised on the Liberty last year is..0011390415209070.

I haven't tried it.but it should be ok.

You might want to try www.tickitaly.com also. their price was in the region of 17/18 euros..nothing like the US$ price you mentioned.

We are sailing on Sept.10th. cant wait!!!

Have a great cruise and post a review when you get back:)

Cheers!!

Archived