Ideas for Child gift bags?

We have 4 kiddos cruising with us, so I tried to make age-appropriate gift bags for each. For the two youngest ones (2 and 4), I found Hello Kitty tote bags in the dollar bins at Target and filled them with crayons, coloring books, activity books, a pocket sized kites, Dora the Explorer Dominoes, and a Mr. Potato Head kit. I tried to include some activities that could entertain them throughout the cruise. For the older ones (8 and 10), I also found some fun totes in the $1 section that were sort of retro looking--green, gold and brown. I included tasty lip smackers, fun bangle bracelets, kids sunscreen sticks, loofas and grape kid's shower gel, waterproof card games (cranium and uno), gum, and journals to write about their trip. I found a lot of the stuff for my gift bags (both child and adult) at Target and the Dollar Store. Hope this helps! ;)

redhead- those ideas are so cute!

I wanted to do kids bags in plastic sand pails, but we have to fly, so there just won't be enough room. But I think it would be cute and might work for anyone driving. I'm definitely going to order small beach balls from oriental trading company. (or maybe the inflatable fish).

I did special favors for the kids from the One Spot at Target, too. The kids were just coming to the wedding, not sailing with us, but I included jewelry making kits, stickers, special candy, pens, etc. I used white boxes just like the grown-ups boxes, though. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! You guys have some great ideas! I will have to check out Target this weekend :-) I was thinking about putting their items in a sand bucket as well, but I was worried I was going to have too much already to take on the ship. We're driving though so I might try to make it work.

Crystal

Thanks everyone! You guys have some great ideas! I will have to check out Target this weekend :-) I was thinking about putting their items in a sand bucket as well, but I was worried I was going to have too much already to take on the ship. We're driving though so I might try to make it work.

Crystal

I did the sand pails with animals crackers, fruit snacks , inflatable balls, magic washclothes, water gun etc and then bought the basket warp fro the dollar store that you put around it then shrink it with the hair dryer . It looked really cute. Oh I also put mini juice boxes and gold fish crackers in there

Archived