Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami port

Jacky4

I am flying into Ft. Lauderdale to go on a cruise out of Miami. Ft. Lauderdale flights were so much cheaper. I will be booking a hotel for the night before my cruise. Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to a hotel and to the Port of Miami the next day? The only thing I can think of is renting a car one way and driving my family of 4 to the Port of Miami but I would rather not have to drive since I am not familiar with the area. Are there any hotels that would offer shuttle service between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami?

We had this same dilemma for our cruise two weeks ago. We looked into the airport shuttle service http://www.floridalimo.com/, but it ended being only slightly more to book an actual limo. The total for the limo, including gratutity was $102.

Its about 30 minute ride from dowtown miami to FLL, so you are not likely to find a hotel shuttle.

Do some checking here is this forum, but I can almost guarantee you will typically get a better price on a room in F.L. than Miami - so book a hotel there, with a free shuttle from the airport. Then, do what the above poster suggests, www.floridalimo.com rocks! We got a great driver, it was so convenient, they were super professional, car was beautiful. We highly recommend their service.

We had this same dilemma for our cruise two weeks ago. We looked into the airport shuttle service http://www.floridalimo.com/, but it ended being only slightly more to book an actual limo. The total for the limo, including gratutity was $102.

Its about 30 minute ride from dowtown miami to FLL, so you are not likely to find a hotel shuttle.

So you got a limo from Floridalimo instead of the shuttle?

Renting a car is not a big deal. I posted here before:

I want to share my experience with Avis car rental from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami port and back. Everything went great. I did one way rental from FLL airport to M6I (avis downtown location), then taxi to port. The taxi is fast 5 minutes ride(costs less or around $10 or so).

As far as I concern, Avis is the best car rental agency for cruiser. I

did the same for M6I to FLL airport. If you have time, you can even tour

around the town since the rental is good for 24 hours.

I also have done the same for Orlando (MCO) to Cape Canaveral. MCO <-> P3F (Avis location). Again, the rental was cheap and taxi from P3F to port is short 5 minutes.

Oh yeah, I also used Avis C031529 AWD discount code booked on Avis.com. It dropped from the regular rate of whooping $90 to $35 on a full size. I use this code all the time, good discount, unlimited mileage, anyone can use, LDW $3000 is included. I booked a full size

and I got a Linconln Town Car.

We always rent a car as well. The drive from FLL to MIA is really an easy one. It's about 30-45 minutes. It's nice to have the car the evening before the cruise to get out and do whatever. We used Enterprise and their drop off in Miami is at the downtown Hyatt. Very quick 10 minute ride to the cruise port from the Hyatt. Unfortunately, Enterprise doesn't do a free shuttle any longer, but the cab ride was under $10.

After the cruise, we usually use Easy Express to shuttle back to the airport.

http://www.easyexpress.biz

After the cruise, we usually use Easy Express to shuttle back to the airport.

EasyExpress is a transportation broker, they do not actually provide any transportation. They'll charge you $19.95 for a shared ride from FLL to Port of Miami and you'll be riding in a Tri County Airport Express van that charges $18 per person. The difference in price reflects their commission. I'd pass on EasyExpress, why pay a middleman for something you can arrange yourself? :rolleyes:

EasyExpress is a transportation broker, they do not actually provide any transportation. They'll charge you $19.95 for a shared ride from FLL to Port of Miami and you'll be riding in a Tri County Airport Express van that charges $18 per person. The difference in price reflects their commission. I'd pass on EasyExpress, why pay a middleman for something you can arrange yourself? :rolleyes:

Easy Express gave me a quote of $18 per person to get from the Port of Miami to FLL. Tri County wants $123 for the same ride.

Sounds like a good deal, let us know how you made out. Curious as to what type of vehicle you'll end up in and how long it takes to get from the port to the airport (especially if they place you on a tour bus).

From the Easy Express web site:

[.....TRANSFERS ARE DONE BY TOWNCARS, LIMOVANS, MINIVANS, MINIBUSES OR TOUR BUSES ACCORDING TO THE AVAILABILITY OF VEHICLES AT THE TIME OF THE TRANSFER. ALL TRANSFERS ARE SHARED RIDES, UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED ON AT THE TIME OF THE RESERVATION.....

The Easy Express ride was $19.95 from Port of Miami to FLL. We rode in a shared van. We called them when we docked and they were waiting for us when we exited the terminal. The drive was about 40 minutes to the airport. They were recommended by my TA. We've used them several times and they are always right there, very reliable.

Archived