Mykonos 6 to 11PM??

We have done the med but want to do a (mainly) Greek island cruise out of Venice combined with a land tour of North Italy.

Costa has a cruise on the Mediteranea but it stops at Mykonos from 6 to 11 PM. Earlier that same day they also do a half day at Santorini. Not sure why they wouldn't drop one and do a full day at one island.

Has anyone done similar times at Mykonos? Anything to do except a Taverna/restaurant at the port?

I notice the RCI Serenade OS has a 3 to 11 PM stop at Mykonos, still an unusual time IMO.

I haven't done this either, but I think the answer is that the evening is supposed to be pretty special in Mykonos: you can sit at an open-air bar in the Little Venice area and watch the sun set into the west. Also, you can watch the trendy young people coming out from wherever they've been sheltering during the day and starting to enjoy their nightly pre-pre-bar experience.

One thing or the other is supposed to be an unforgettable sight!

We will be at Mykonos from 1 pm till 11pm. It is a long time. Want to try going to Delos for a couple hours then just walking around Mykonos and maybe people watch. I have heard Delos closes down early. Our itinerary says we tender into Mykonos but I have also heard we may dock since they have a new dock. Does anyone know anything about this.

Delores

My bet is so you can see the sunset. I refer to Mykonos as the place that made my brother romantic. He refers to Mykonos as the place "where you can't tell where the sky ends and the sea begins". He also thoroughly enjoyed the nightlife while he was there.

We will be tendering in Mykonos too. As I understand, there are only three docking spaces at the new port. The day that we will be there, we will be the fourth. I hope that the water will not be so choppy.

We are in port from 2:30 - 9PM. I had really wanted to see Delos. I hope that the cruise line can arrange for a tour at that hour otherwise I shall be happy watching the wonderful sunset again.

Fran

Archived