Aft balcony--Middle or Corner?

TKinAZ

I just booked a Mexican Riviera cruise on Vision next spring. All the aft balconies are available. I chose 7066, which is directly in the middle of all the aft balconies. Did I choose well, or would a corner be better?

And may I just say, Danny, the loyalty ambassador on the Monarch, is fabulous!

On Vision a corner aft is definitely better! The balcony is a true wraparound.

See my photos of Rhapsody 8088 linked in my sig. Rhapsody has the same layout as Vision. Deck 7 corner aft balconies are even larger because they are deeper.

I agree with Aprille - the corner afts are amazing! It can get very warm on the balcony because you don't have much breeze, but you can put a lounge chair in the wraparound area and cool right off. The views are wonderful from the center cabins (we were in 8090 once), but I did like the added "ventilation" feature that the corner provided.

And I agree about Danney - he's the best!

We went to the Mexican Riviera on the Vision April of last year. We had the corner aft next to 7066. The balcony was HUGE! and it was a wraparound. We are so spoiled - when we booked our Alaska Cruise for June of this year - we booked the same cabin! It's great. We could either sit in the sun or sit in semi shade.It was great. Can't wait until June

Am I missing something here? According to my deck plans for the Vision, cabin 7066 is a midship cabin. I have booked my cruise according to these plans and hope I haven't picked the wrong cabin. My plans show the corner afts as being 7152 and 7652. Is my information wrong?

No luv2vacation, your not missing anything LOL. Your right. I think TKinAZ meant 7660 which is the middle cabin Aft. We were in 7652. I'm bad! I knew what cabin she was talking about, but didn't think about the cabin # being wrong.

I vote for corner too.

Haven't been in a RCCL corner aft, but have been in a HAL corner aft and it was AMAZING.

Not only just one neighbour, but also you have views on two sides of the ship (well the back and one side) - it is great :)

Boo

9256 on radiance class, no one from the outdoor buffet can dump stuff on you as 10th floor gets in their suites. The wrap around balcony is wonderful to see aft as well as port. A suite has the corner for starboard/aft. You also get your own hallway with the employees door opposite your door.

If you can change to a corner, by all means do it.

We've had two cruises with aft balconies -- one in the middle and one on the corner. They're both great but the corner is definitely the best!

I think on that cruise we never even went to the pool area. We brought an Ipod and turned on some music and layed out in the sun with our tunes, books and sunshades and had a fabulous time!

I'm envious of you.:)

Based on all the good advice here, we did switch to 7652 on the corner. Sorry about the 7066 mix-up. I just rechecked my paperwork, and that's what Danney wrote down, although I know it's not what we originally booked. So, now I have another trip to look forward to, even if it is a l-o-n-g time away!

Archived