Babies and Toddlers in the Pool

MemawB.

How do you FILL the inflatable pool? Am I missing something?

Also, does anyone else worry that with the "no diaper" rule, a parent may just take the diaper off a child who is 2 1/2 , but not yet potty trained? No one would no for sure the child wasn't potty trained, and then it becomes even worse than the "fecal tea bags".

The only reason I ask is I recall someone being at a pool with a child about 3 years old, in diapers, and were told no diapers in the pool. The parents walked to the bathroom, took off the diaper, put the bathing suit back on, and entered the water with the child. The lifeguard couldn't prove the child wasn't potty trained, so he couldn't remove them. I however, immediately removed myself!

Yes, I had thought of that too. I mean most kids are potty trained by the age of 2, but lets not kid ourselves, I am sure they have accidents. Or what about the kid that is just having too much fun to get out of the pool and use the restroom. Not sure if they still use this stuff, but I remember there was a time that if someone peed in the pool a purple circle would go around them:eek: :eek: Talk about as a child NOT wanting to pee in the pool, who wanted a purple ring around them? Too bad they can't use that in the pools on the ships and at least if some youngster did it, then maybe the parent would think twice about putting a non-potty trained child in the pool.

Yes, I had thought of that too. I mean most kids are potty trained by the age of 2, but lets not kid ourselves, I am sure they have accidents. Or what about the kid that is just having too much fun to get out of the pool and use the restroom. Not sure if they still use this stuff, but I remember there was a time that if someone peed in the pool a purple circle would go around them:eek: :eek: Talk about as a child NOT wanting to pee in the pool, who wanted a purple ring around them? Too bad they can't use that in the pools on the ships and at least if some youngster did it, then maybe the parent would think twice about putting a non-potty trained child in the pool.

People pee in pools... it happens. Adults, childrens, potty trained or not.... peeing in pools happens. When people pee in pools, there isn't a chance someone could die... when someone craps in a pool, or even has a little poopage (poop seepage), that can contain VERY harmful bacteria, that can cause babies, elderly and people with immune problems to become quite sick, and possibly die. Pee isn't pleasaant, but for the most part, it is sterile... poop on the other hand :eek: Hopefully, people aren't "accidentally" crapping in pools... it's the non potty trained kids that you have to worry about, and swim diapers don't keep the poopage in :eek:

People pee in pools... it happens. Adults, childrens, potty trained or not.... peeing in pools happens. When people pee in pools, there isn't a chance someone could die... when someone craps in a pool, or even has a little poopage (poop seepage), that can contain VERY harmful bacteria, that can cause babies, elderly and people with immune problems to become quite sick, and possibly die. Pee isn't pleasaant, but for the most part, it is sterile... poop on the other hand :eek: Hopefully, people aren't "accidentally" crapping in pools... it's the non potty trained kids that you have to worry about, and swim diapers don't keep the poopage in :eek:

OMG, do you have a problem w/ everything I post? I don't really care if you don't mind swimming in a urinated pool, but I do. I don't want to swim w/ poop either, but that is another story. :eek: :rolleyes:

OMG, do you have a problem w/ everything I post? I don't really care if you don't mind swimming in a urinated pool, but I do. I don't want to swim w/ poop either, but that is another story. :eek: :rolleyes:

WOW!! I didn't have a problem with your post, LOL... I was making an explanation (since many people post what you do, about peeing in the pool, and that isn't what this is about at all)... Sorry you took it as me having a problem. Are people not allowed to respond to anything you say?? :confused: I didn't see where I was being snippy or mean, or out of line in any way....

I didn't say I didn't mind urine in pools, but I'm also not naive enough to think it doesn't happen, I also know that urine is sterile and while it may seem gross, it's not going to kill me (and I don't put my face anywhere near the water!!!). I also swim in oceans, where whales poop :p

Seems it is more YOU that has a problem with MY posts, LOL!!!!

Potty trained by age 2 ??? I wish that were the reality. And even when thye are "trained" there are accidents. Quite frankly I think our mothers were lying to us when they said we were done with diapers by 2 :D . My 9 year old was 3 before she was "trained", and my 3 year old won't be any where near the cruise pool because I know he well NOT be sufficiently potty trained. Lots to do in Camp Carnival!

Stop upsetting the masses, Chris!:D

On my 2005 Elation cruise I saw two young parents put two small toddlers in the hot tub with them. Then the mother screams out to the father to take one of them up to their cabin because he pooped! The father said he wasn't going to do it so they just left the kid in there:eek: I was going to find someone to report this but someone beat me to it. You should have seen the fit these parents threw because they were made to leave....totally unbelievable! So I know the cruiseline will enforce this policy but it sounds like you might have to go above other's heads to have them enforce this.

My youngest DD was two when she first started cruising and we did not even think about putting her in the pool. When the older DH wanted to swim, I would take her and the DH would stay with the younger one in the cabin for nap time. Then we did a beach excursion so she could swin. Not a major inconvience really.

Yes, perhaps not all children are potty-trained by 2. I forget sometimes because my DD was by about 20 months and yes, she still had poopy accidents until she was about 22 months. For some reason getting her to poop on the toilet took a few more months.

Edited because I posted a response and then went back and saw that I had already posted the same dang thing WAY back on the first pages. :rolleyes:

:p who digs up these old threads anyway??? :p :p

:p who digs up these old threads anyway??? :p :p

:D Someone who actually used the search function to find the information they were looking for. ;) I was happy to find tips on the inflatable pool idea. Though I will probably go with an inflatable bath tub since I can use it for its intended purpose to wash the baby too.

If lots of passengers started using the inflatable pools wouldn't this cause a bit of congestion?

Yes, I have seen people being asked to put them away because the pool deck was getting to crowded, also i saw a woman complain about a baby pool and security ask the parents to put it away.

I say peeze on this subject...I don't give a sheet. If someone wants to put their little sheeter in the poo...let them...

That way after I've had 15 beers and don't feel like going to the mensroom I can just peeze in the poo and they can't complain......

oops........:p :p :p ;)

I say peeze on this subject...I don't give a sheet. If someone wants to put their little sheeter in the poo...let them...

That way after I've had 15 beers and don't feel like going to the mensroom I can just peeze in the poo and they can't complain......

oops........:p :p :p ;)

Who you kiddin, you know those Mommies that have been letting their babies poo in the pool all day, will be the first to complain & call security on you.

So if your gonna try it.....Make it a good one:D

Who you kiddin, you know those Mommies that have been letting their babies poo in the pool all day, will be the first to complain & call security on you.

So if your gonna try it.....Make it a good one:D

Oh...I forgot to mention...I'm just going to hop in the poo next to them and relieve myself of those fifteen beers...

Let's just say the water will be warmer near them.....

If they can let their little peezer do it....why can't I..????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh...I forgot to mention...I'm just going to hop in the poo next to them and relieve myself of those fifteen beers...

Let's just say the water will be warmer near them.....

If they can let their little peezer do it....why can't I..????:eek: :eek: :eek:

LMAO, you are on a roll tonight. I wonder what they would do??? Wow, "little Timmy did you feel the water get nice and warm?":eek:

• 2 weeks later...

So, my son will be 13 months old when we go on our cruise. And there is no way I even thought about putting him in the pool. Yep, it just isn't kids that do ookie things in pools! Shoot, I feel safer with him spending time in the ocean with the whale poop! At least Mother Nature's filter is better than the ship's :p .

So, yeah to the ocean, no to the pool. I don't trust all you adults out there. Hehehe!!!!

However, it should be noted that the pool water in the ships is basically ocean water. I don't know how often it is changed out, though.

There were some pretty funny posts in thie thread. Hahaha, I am still laughing about the fella with the 15 beers. I am also grossed out by the couple who kept their kid in the hot tub after he crapped his pants. That is just nasty on multiple levels. I ain't the cleanest person in the world but the idea of being in a tub with poop in it is just plain ookie.

Cheers and may everyone have a nice pleasant cruise!

I couldn't give a well, poo ;), about the whole debate thing. I just wanted to add a Science Geek's two cents about chlorinating salt water.

When you add chlorine to salt water, the salt in the water is very easily reduced to a chloride (the chlorine picks up an electron and becomes a negatively charged anion). The chlorine, which has now become a chloride, becomes ineffective at destroying the "ickies" in the pool that a full strength, stable-charged chlorine molecule can do.

Geekiness aside, it isn't very cost or chemically efficient to chlorinate a salt water pool. :D

I never knew why the didn't do this but now I do. Thanks for the chemistry lesson.

The whole problem would be solved by using fresh water, heavy chlorination and a temp of say...103 or 104.

What is ookie?:confused:

i hope you are talkin about a HT and not a pool:eek:

Of course I was talking about the hot tub. You know we can't have a thread about swimmies and not mention both :p

Archived