Hair Braiding on Destiny Itinerary

WalS

Could anyone recommend which port to get your hair braided? My daughters do this every year and we have had some good experiences and bad. The best job was in Punta Cana, braids lasted very long. Last year they got them done in Tortola and it was a disaster, braids fell out within hours after the $100 spent. Beautiful, fun island but they haven't mastered the braids yet.

This is something my kids look forward to on thier vacations. I hope we will get lucky this time. Thanks in advance

I remember on the Destiny (back in 2005) when we docked in Dominica, right at the port there were some girls braiding hair. I never actually stopped and checked it out but it looked like they were doing a good job. They had lots of people waiting. So if you are going to Dominica check it out, the girls are right at the port.

I'm with Big Duck! My SON had his done at the Boatyard in Barbados. They wanted $2.00 a braid.....outrageous! I negotiatied and they did his whole head for $55 which was great. My son did not have very long hair at all it was just barely past the bottom of his ears with lots of layers so it was not an easy braid and they stayed in for over a week with no problem even swimming in them. The only problem was when we got back to the ship they really looked at him and looked at his picture when he gave them his S&S card....they made him have his picture retaken.

Thanks for the replies,it looks like it might be Barbados then. Like I said, as long as they last a while I don't mind spending the money.

I'm sorry, I did fail to mention that admission to The Boatyard is $15 pp. This price includes chairs, use of the water toys, a free drink and transport back to the ship.

http://www.theboatyard.com

Archived