Pink/white nails...spray/fake tans..and H20, hot tubs/beaches

Hi all...

looking for some "best" answers on these topics...?

Nails...acrylics.? Pink/whites?? I do think that gel /nail wraps are not as good here in Florida, so I am thinking about getting acrylics again, thinking pink/whites, so that the nailpolish will not wear off or discolor in sun, hot tub etc..

also....spray tan info?? What happens if you are on beach/hot tub ? does it peel off or wear off??

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences, I am also open to other ideas!!

Hi Cheri,

The only opinion I can give you is about the nails--I've gone the white/pink/French acrylic route and have found that my nails tended to turn yellow after a day in the sun. They looked gross! Then I had to find some polish remover, etc., to get rid of the polish. Of course, the technician assured me my nails wouldn't yellow.

So, color all the way for me on our upcoming cruise!

Happy sailing,

Joan

I've had the spray tans a couple of times, and really don't care for them. They look fine at first, IF the spray is even. If not, you end up with an interesting orange tone to different areas. Also, I've noticed that when it starts to wear off, it takes on a speckled appearance. I know the cons, but I still use tanning beds, and sunlight, with products that have SPF protection.

And on the nails. I have acrylics, and they hold up well. Even the colors.

Good luck. :)

I'm here in Fl as well & I am planning on doing the acrylics for my wedding in pink & white as I have found that they don't yellow & many salons put a topcoat on that prevents it. That's what I've found & been told...

As far as the spray tan, the salon I go to (working on the tan at the booth 5 times before the wedding next week & cruise) is that the spray tan only lasts 3-5 days anyway. I guess according to her, you have to be careful the day you get it, but then it just gradually washes off as the days go by. Maybe someone on here has more personal experience??

I have had pink/white acrylics for years. I do NOT wear nail polish. My gal just buffs them, and that gives them a great shine...they last at least 3 weeks....I'm getting them done tomorrow and I went 4 weeks ago!! They never yellow!!

Archived