How do you find out about your room rates going down.

i TRIED ON MY SONS COMPUTER AND GOT THE CURTAIN, THE PRICE WAS THE SAME FOR OPTION #2, I BACKED OUT AND TRIED TO GET THE CURTAIN AGAIN FOR ANOTHER OPTION 1 OR 3 AND NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES i TRIED, i COULD NOT GET THE CURTAIN AGAIN.

On the RCL home page there are three columns under the "Get Ready for Adventure With Royal Caribbean" picture. The left most column will be titled "New to Cruising", "New to Royal", or "Royal Caribbean Cruiser" depending on what you chose on the "curtain screen". The last link in the first column is "replay intro video". Click that link to get the "curtain screen".

Ok I haven't seen anyone address this yet.. Lets say Rci website shows a rate of 849.00. An online TA gives you a quote of 690.00 for the cabin plus taxes.. Does RCI quotes include taxes? If not does this mean RCI has to come down below 690.00 for it to be considered a price drop? Now if I go comparing on different travel sites, same question applies do these quotes seen online include taxes? I don't think they do and I dont think RCI does either.. So to go look for my price drops how do I do this? what numbers am I looking for, total out the door, or just an amount like I see on the RCI site?

Thanks

From my home PC I only get a screen with Tower Bridge on it- the only time I can get to the curtains is if I'm on someone elses computer.

I checked prices a while ago on my PC and they are the same as always- it was only when I went through the curtain screen and chose 'Cruised before,but not Royal' that I was able to access the curtain and the lower prices.

I have no idea why this is.

Ok I haven't seen anyone address this yet.. Lets say Rci website shows a rate of 849.00. An online TA gives you a quote of 690.00 for the cabin plus taxes.. Does RCI quotes include taxes? If not does this mean RCI has to come down below 690.00 for it to be considered a price drop? Now if I go comparing on different travel sites, same question applies do these quotes seen online include taxes? I don't think they do and I dont think RCI does either.. So to go look for my price drops how do I do this? what numbers am I looking for, total out the door, or just an amount like I see on the RCI site?

Thanks

The price shown on RCCL's category selection page does not include taxes. To see the total price select a category, then select a cabin. On the next screen you will see the total stateroom price including taxes.

RCCL does not allow travel agents to charge a lower price. Whatever price you see on RCCL's site is what you will be charged using a travel agent. The only difference you may find is that some travel agents offer additonal perks such as a bottle of wine, discounted tours, etc. However some online TA's differ in HOW they display the cabin price. For example, on Cruise411 if you select three persons in a cabin they will divide the total stateroom cost by three and show the result as a per person charge. The individual rate may look lower but the total cost is the same.

I would suggest that you use RCCL's site when checking for price drops. If you find one just call whatever TA you used and ask for the reduction.

Now here's something I found out- I have been checking all the time since booking whether price had gone down- every time I logged on it showed the same price...... Oh well.

Then yesterday I checked from someone else's computer- so they didn't "recognize" me and the first page that comes up has a curtain across- you click on the selection that applies to you- -

1- First time Cruiser

2- Cruised before,but not with Royal Caribbean

3- I'm loyal to Royal ( for those who have cruised with RCCL)

I clicked on 3- I'm loyal and it was SOO slow that I lost patience and clicked on 2- "I've cruised before but not with RCCL- surprise surprise,the prices were $230 each cheaper for first two and $50 cheaper for third pax.

So I called RCCL-I didn't mention which screen I was in and claimed the reduction without any problem.

After I got to thinking about it I went back to look at 'I'm loyal to Royal' and the prices were not reduced there!!!!

Seems to me it's selective pricing to maybe attract new customers from other cruiselines....

Oh,and on MY PC this morning I get my usual screen which shows Tower Bridge London- I don't get the curtain screen,so it obviously recognizes my PC.

Just a thought.

Just delete your cookies from your internet browser and then you should get the RCL start up page.

Would anyone know if these price reductions can be claimed by non-USA passengers?

Thanks.

We got a price drop last year for our Mariner cruise. I have just noticed that the price for our cruise in November has dropped by £107pp so will be checking with my TA on Monday, fingers crossed RCCL will honour it. you won't get it automatically you will have to ask for it but give it a go they can only say no.

Would anyone know if these price reductions can be claimed by non-USA passengers?

Thanks.

Yes they can I just got a price drop today for our November cruise. If you see the drop on line get your Travel Agent to phone RCCL and ask for the drop. Good Luck

Archived