what is the weather like in the Bahamas in Jan?

badgebunny

I used to spend every New Year's on Andros Island in the Bahamas. Warmth is a relative thing. When I would be running around in shorts and a t-shirt with temperatures in the low to mid 70's, the Bahamians on the island would break out the gloves and scarves.

The weather can be windy and qute cool in the winter. The average high temp for January is 77 degrees, and the average low is 62. I would definitely pack at least one sweater or sweatshirt and a jacket. Especially for the evening.

Hey 62 degrees in the Bahams in January sounds a lot better than 20 degrees in New York.

Laura

The Bahamas are NOT in the Caribbean. Weather in December, January and February can be like springtime in New York. It might be warm and wonderful. However, it might also be more than a little chilly. Pack for springtime. OK, I do live in Florida, but I find the ocean too cold to swim in by mid January. The ship's pool should be OK though.

we have been 2 years in a row in january/feb first time injan and second in feb and after the first swore we would not do it again cause it was cold windy/etc.. however we are floridians so for us it was just too much our friends however were from alabama and they thought the weather was great!!! it was about 70 and windy the whole time.. swore we would not waste our money but tried it again the next year in feb hoping it would be warmer but we were wrong it was cold windy and rough but hey the week beifre it was like 80 so just be prepared for both I weill say water temps in jan in bahamas are about 71 so if you like 71 then you will enjoy the water stuff no matter what.. me i am spoiled and have a heated pool so i like my water at 86...
either way you will enjoy the cruise i am sure....

I was in the Bahamas for New Years this year - it was fairly warm during the day (mid 70's - 80's), a little windy by the water...however at night it did get cool (60's with wind). Also once or twice (and this was in the middle of a beautiful day) a rain cloud crept over the sun and there was a little shower but then the cloud moved on and it was nice and sunny all over again.

Archived