back to back cruises how many dresses

Steph,

My best suggestion is this: 2 long skirts, fancy tops to mix or match. You can go so much further that way. Say you have one long black skirt. Then one night you add a sparkly red top to it. For the next formal night it's a blue sparkly top. Now keep in mind that most likely there will be no one on your second cruise that was on your first one. But to make things interesting, have a long blue skirt that matches the sparkly blue top and then bring along a fancy white top. With 2 skirts and 3 tops you can go a long way. Do this for your every day wear too. Using basic colors: black, gray, white, tan, you can add a splash of color. Yellow goes with all of those colors, except maybe tan. Blue can go with all of them. Short/pants in the basic colors, tops with combinations of colors. I wear one pair of tan shorts. I have a top that has navy/white/tan combo. I can also wear that top with navy shorts.

I know i wont be packing alot of clothes. Most of our excursion are water ones. we will be doing laudry on the first day of the secound trip ... lol.... i have great formal dresses just not sure if i wanted to bring them all i have two red ones, blue one and a madrin organge one... and i am still loooking for something in black... hmmmmmmmm we will see ... have a great day

steph

Personally, I would take 2 and have them cleaned. No one will see them both weeks and even if they did, they would probable either not remember, not care, or think you were smart to not overpack so much.

Same thing with all the other clothes. As long as you're in the same climate, pack for a week and do laundry. Better yet, have it done for you :)

I'm with Kathy. We did a B2B 6nt/8nt on Jewel of of the Seas (RCI) with 2 formal nights each and I just had my two formal outfits drycleaned in between. I'm not a big fan of packing and dealing with a lot of stuff. As for doing your own laundry I don't know if Carnival allows it - we sent out everything but delicated on RCI and Princess and it came out great.

hi we are doing a b2b cruise how many dresses do i bring for formal nites. one cruise is 8 days the other 6 is there 2 formals on each ... thanks

steph

Let's see...2 formal nights per cruise, 14 nights total...that brings me to no less than 2 formal outfits and no more than 14! :D

Seriously, I'd bring 2 outfits and re-wear them! Ditto on the daywear, washing as needed.

Although most people will probably only be on one cruise or the other, it is entirely possible that others will be doing a b2b as well. When we did one a few years ago, the cruise had been marketed in the UK as a two week cruise, and there were quite a few people on for the whole time.

Archived