Tenders tickets ...

june2006

what are these? I went to cayman island last year and I/we did not have one tickets between the 4 of us. Private tour. Same for our other tendered island ... we just followed the crowd onto tenders onto islands ... were we suppose to get tickets or was it just that ship? :confused:

Not sure, but I think what you are hearing are the tickets handed out the morning of a tender. IF you don't book an excursion with your cruise ship, then you have to wait for a general time to tender in. However, if you get up early and go to a specific location, they pass out "tender tickets" so that you may tender in earlier. At least this is what I remember about our cruise on Carnival Conquest.

If you leave when the general boarding is going on then you don't need anything. To get back to the ship, I think all you need is your S&S card.

Again, I'm not 100% but I think that is were the term comes from.

We were on Carnival Conquest and the tender "tickets" were just stickers with a number on them. The purpose was to get people off the boat in a fair way based on when we showed up in the main theater. The reality was when we got our ticket/sticker...we went down to 0 deck to get on the tender and no one even asked or looked that we even had a sticker! They load the boats quickly and there is another waiting behind it! We were very worried about tendering because we had booked our own tour and had to be at the pier to meet our tour at 8:30am.....we got their in plenty of time...in fact too soon! Next time we won't sweat it! Also...it was SOOOO funny how the Carnival people tried to fan our fear by saying..."we can't guarentte you will get off the boat if you are not on our tour....and we won't wait for you if you don't get back on time" The fact is we saved a TON of money booking our own stuff....got back in PLENTY of time (to shop!) and I know the tour we went was WAY better than those I talked to that went on the ship tours!!:)

We were on Carnival Conquest and the tender "tickets" were just stickers with a number on them. The purpose was to get people off the boat in a fair way based on when we showed up in the main theater. The reality was when we got our ticket/sticker...we went down to 0 deck to get on the tender and no one even asked or looked that we even had a sticker! They load the boats quickly and there is another waiting behind it! We were very worried about tendering because we had booked our own tour and had to be at the pier to meet our tour at 8:30am.....we got their in plenty of time...in fact too soon! Next time we won't sweat it! Also...it was SOOOO funny how the Carnival people tried to fan our fear by saying..."we can't guarentte you will get off the boat if you are not on our tour....and we won't wait for you if you don't get back on time" The fact is we saved a TON of money booking our own stuff....got back in PLENTY of time (to shop!) and I know the tour we went was WAY better than those I talked to that went on the ship tours!!:)

I will do what I did before ... follow the crowd! I booked a few on my own however this port I booked thru ship for an extra $10 cause I want the first 7:30AM tour so I can have the rest of my day as the other excursions I checked out on my own start later in the morning.

Thank you!

Archived