New wine limits?

mom2NnB

I assume the wine can still be carried on or placed in luggage? How would they know if you carried on one bottle per person and put one bottle per person in your checked luggage?

Ahh, but then you are breaking the rules. You are now a smuggler. ;)

I assume the wine can still be carried on or placed in luggage? How would they know if you carried on one bottle per person and put one bottle per person in your checked luggage?

That is a very good thought! I love my wine & have actually spent some $$ on some nice bottles to take with us. I hope I don't have to chose!:D

IMHO if Carnival wants to avoid any problems I would suggest that they would have to re-mail everyone's docs. My doc's say "reasonable amount" and I'm sticking to it. I made a deal with my husband that we would bring 3 or 4 bottles of wine considering it is a 7 day. It's his birthday and I am not giving them an arm and a leg for watered down drinks. I love Carnival but they can implement that after I've received new doc's.

IMHO if Carnival wants to avoid any problems I would suggest that they would have to re-mail everyone's docs. My doc's say "reasonable amount" and I'm sticking to it. I made a deal with my husband that we would bring 3 or 4 bottles of wine considering it is a 7 day. It's his birthday and I am not giving them an arm and a leg for watered down drinks. I love Carnival but they can implement that after I've received new doc's.

The problem with your argument is that "reasonable" is open to interpretation and their's trumps yours.

I wish you luck though.

But they can always use what your contract says anyway:

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. Excessive quantities, as determined by Carnival, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

I realize this applies to non-alcohol, but pretty much will define "reasonable" as well for wine.

All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Pretty much leaves you no option. They hold all the cards.

just to bring my CAFFINE FREE DIET Pepsi. :) For health reasons I try to avoid Caffine and Sugar as much as possible. Water is fine during the day, but when I'm having food I like a glass of diet soda and as I sure they don't have diet 7-up/Sprite/whatever coke's soda is, I'll be stuck with diet coke.

HATE Coke products - too gassy - makes me burpy.:D

Seriously, hope they give up on the non-alcoholic drinks being off limits thing by November.

I did see diet sprite on one of the beverage menus

must be new , huh?

This i s upetting , I was planning on bringing some diet cherry 7up...

BUMMER ! to add to my Arbor Mist , combined they make a good wine cooler :( ...so sad

Can we say X-Ray! That is how NCLfinds and takes it and how they found it in NO.

The problem with your argument is that "reasonable" is open to interpretation and their's trumps yours.

I wish you luck though.

I take that back. My doc's state "Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on Carnival's vessels for on board consumption.However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board." It actually does not state "reasonable amount" as I thought and clearly gives no limit to how many bottles you can bring. Maybe someone out there has doc's that say different, but that's what mine says.

But they can always use what your contract syas anyway:

I realize this applies to non-alcohol, but pretty much will define "reasonable" as well for wine.

Pretty much leaves you no option. They hold all the cards.

Gotta love them contracts, the cruise industry has some of the most ironclad contracts known to man:p

[quote name='ballinafad']If we are travelling with 3 kids, would we be allowed to bring 5 bottles (1 per person)?[/quote]

Only if your kids are over 21
[url]http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx[/url]

However, guests [B](21 years and older only)[/B] may bring [B]one bottle[/B] of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

[quote name='OhioJeff']I guess too many people were abusing the policy..taking on 48 count cases of water, rolling coolers full of soda and 10 bottles of wine. Yet, maintaining it was a reasonable amount. [COLOR=red][B][I]Carnival got tired of playing that game.[/I][/B][/COLOR][/quote]

The only game Carnival got tired of playing was not computing a big enough number for softdrink and water sales!!! I hope they start selling diet DR P on the legend. That's the only soda I drink.
Guess I'll have to buy an old hard case at a tag sale to smuggle :eek:
soda. What a heinous crime!!!:D :cool:

[quote name='taylor1293']I assume the wine can still be carried on or placed in luggage? How would they know if you carried on one bottle per person and put one bottle per person in your checked luggage?[/quote]

This is what was posted on another thread by a crew member.

"
[I]The FANTASY left today with about 50 very UNHAPPY passengers. TSA/Homeland Security took over 50 bottles of booze OUT OF CHECKED luggage prior to putting it on the ship. :( :("[/I]
[I] [/I]
[I]So i guess they are also checking luggage a little closer now also.[/I]

[quote name='caribbean dreams']This is what was posted on another thread by a crew member.

"
[I]The FANTASY left today with about 50 very UNHAPPY passengers. TSA/Homeland Security took over 50 bottles of booze OUT OF CHECKED luggage prior to putting it on the ship. :( :("[/I]

__________________[/quote]

Will be interesting to see if anything similar occurs at other ports..cant wait to read the reviews next week :) It makes sense for Carnival to get tough and nab a few smugglers at each port to send a message.

[quote name='PINEVIEW01']Can we say X-Ray! That is how NCLfinds and takes it and how they found it in NO.[/quote]

I understand that they x-ray. However, if I'm allowed to have one bottle, how does the person checking my checked luggage know that I also carried a bottle on? Am I making sense? LOL

[quote name='caribbean dreams']This is what was posted on another thread by a crew member.

"

__________________[/quote]

I saw the thread (bummer for those involved!). But what I wanted to know is how does the guy checking your checked luggage and the guy checking your carry on luggage know that you put one bottle in each? If you are allowed to bring one bottle, how do they know that the bottle they are looking at is not the only bottle you brought!?!

Archived