New wine limits?

mom2NnB

[quote name='taylor1293']I understand that they x-ray. However, if I'm allowed to have one bottle, how does the person checking my checked luggage know that I also carried a bottle on? Am I making sense? LOL[/quote]

I understand now, you want to know if you have a bottle in your luggage, how does that guy know if you carried one on already or if this is your 1 bottle you are allowed.:)

well, I don't really know the answer to that:rolleyes:

[quote name='piscesbaby']I take that back. My doc's state "Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on Carnival's vessels for on board consumption.However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board." It actually does not state "reasonable amount" as I thought and clearly gives no limit to how many bottles you can bring. Maybe someone out there has doc's that say different, but that's what mine says.[/quote]

It actually said 1 bottle not too long ago on the website, and then for about 6 months or so they changed it to reasonable... and now back to 1 bottle... I'd guess too many people didn't understand "reasonable" LOL!

[quote name='caribbean dreams']I understand now, you want to know if you have a bottle in your luggage, how does that guy know if you carried one on already or if this is your 1 bottle you are allowed.:)

well, I don't really know the answer to that:rolleyes:[/quote]

Yes, that's what I wanted to know! I understand how they could enforce no alcohol, or only certain kinds of alcohol. But I'm confused as to how they could enforce the 1 bottle per person rule.

How are they going to keep up with the 12 pieces of luggage I have (4 people) and check each bag to see which one has the wine in it? So, they screen one bag and see one bottle and let it go. How are they going to check all the other tags to see if they already let Joe Smith thru with a bottle? They can't check each tag and document who already has a bottle.. Please...

And your right, so I carry one on, are they going to radio security and say Joe has a bottle so check all his bags now... There is no way to control that.
Soda yes and maybe liquor. They just take it all..

Now, as for those of us ticketed under the former policy unless they send you something in writting notifying you of the change, I doubt they can inforce it. Future ticketed passengers will fall under the new regs.

My 2 cents worth. Lets see what people on cruises start reporting after this weeks cruise...

Happy Cruising~
Donna

[quote name='Litewait']How are they going to keep up with the 12 pieces of luggage I have (4 people) and check each bag to see which one has the wine in it? So, they screen one bag and see one bottle and let it go. How are they going to check all the other tags to see if they already let Joe Smith thru with a bottle? They can't check each tag and document who already has a bottle.. Please...

And your right, so I carry one on, are they going to radio security and say Joe has a bottle so check all his bags now... There is no way to control that.
Soda yes and maybe liquor. They just take it all..

Now, as for those of us ticketed under the former policy unless they send you something in writting notifying you of the change, I doubt they can inforce it. Future ticketed passengers will fall under the new regs.

My 2 cents worth. Lets see what people on cruises start reporting after this weeks cruise...

Happy Cruising~
Donna[/quote]

They can certainly enforce it because they can just say that one bottle of wine is reasonable. And they can make changes to any of that at any time... if they want to enforce this, they certainly can... Carnival has never been good at enforcing rules though, maybe they will start?

[quote name='Litewait']How are they going to keep up with the 12 pieces of luggage I have (4 people) and check each bag to see which one has the wine in it? So, they screen one bag and see one bottle and let it go. How are they going to check all the other tags to see if they already let Joe Smith thru with a bottle? They can't check each tag and document who already has a bottle.. Please...

Happy Cruising~
Donna[/quote]

I guess they could say all liquor/wine/soda is in violation of the policy that is in checked baggage. The way the contract reads, they could consider this too be
[B]The Embarkation Check-In Procedure
[/B]Guests will pass through the X-ray Security Machines with their carry-on bags. Luggage larger than 24" x 16" will not be permitted through the security machine and must be checked-in with a curbside porter.

Guests will proceed to the Check-In area. The embarkation process will include submitting cruise documents, showing proof of travel documentation and issuing a credit card (if applicable) for their Sail & Sign Account

Time will tell, get the popcorn ready

[quote name='mom2NnB']just to bring my CAFFINE FREE DIET Pepsi. :) For health reasons I try to avoid Caffine and Sugar as much as possible. Water is fine during the day, but when I'm having food I like a glass of diet soda and as I sure they don't have diet 7-up/Sprite/whatever coke's soda is, I'll be stuck with diet coke.

HATE Coke products - too gassy - makes me burpy.:D

Seriously, hope they give up on the non-alcoholic drinks being off limits thing by November.[/quote]

Ah, but they do have diet Sprite and caffeine free diet coke. Sorry you don't like coke products.....

[quote name='caribbean dreams']This is what was posted on another thread by a crew member.

"
[I]The FANTASY left today with about 50 very UNHAPPY passengers. TSA/Homeland Security took over 50 bottles of booze OUT OF CHECKED luggage prior to putting it on the ship. :( :("[/I]

[I]So i guess they are also checking luggage a little closer now also.[/I]
__________________[/quote]

My question to this is what do they do if guests lock their luggage? It specifically states in documents it is advised to lock your luggage.

I will be smuggling Pepsi but don't want my locks cut either. What a dilemma! :rolleyes:

[quote name='da_cruisin_bears']My question to this is what do they do if guests lock their luggage? It specifically states in documents it is advised to lock your luggage.

I will be smuggling Pepsi but don't want my locks cut either. What a dilemma! :rolleyes:[/quote]
No clue how or if they will be really checking, but one way would be for the person scanning the luggage to just put an orange sticker that says "Contraband":D on it and then have those people report to security to have their bags opened. That way it wouldnt really hold up the scanning process, but a set number of bags could be flagged.:D

Plus it doesnt say how large the wine bottle can be :)

[IMG]http://www.fratkin.com/melyssa/images/australia/thumbs/bigwine.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='honeywell']I'm leaving on Saturday on the Liberty - we will be carrying wine, checking wine, smuggling diet coke, and perhaps throw in a bottle of Vodka just for good measure....will let you know how it goes!:D[/quote]

Well be sure to report back.....
I really don't see how this is really going to work....

[quote name='OceanAddict']So, can you just put clear alcohol or light colored alcohol in water bottles or even the Deja- Blu bottles of water that are blue colored? Not that I would do that;) Just a hypothetical question.[/quote]
Ocean Addict....any bottle that is open ( seal broken) they will take and dispose of. ( people in line with open water bottles were made to throw them away before embarking on the ship.) They do check the seal...but it might be a moot point anyways since they are not allowing non-alcoholic beverages to be carried on either:(

"Plus it doesnt say how large the wine bottle can be :)"

Next they will say you can only bring on individual sized bottles.

My local Italian restuarant has these HUGE bottles of wine that sits on a table and has a spout on it. I think its like 18 liters I think. Maybe I can get away with this? "It's only 1 bottle" :rolleyes: LOL :rolleyes:

Two weeks ago we had 2 bottles of wine in our carryon. It went through x-ray and they didn't ask for the bag to be opened. I could have had vodka in there for all they knew. Also, at curbside when the porter hauled my heavy luggage up on the cart he said, "this one must have the Bud Light in it". He was dead-on and my eyebrows went up. I made sure hubby tipped him extra cause I wanted to make sure that bag made it to the ship! I also had a suitcase with bottled water and diet dr. pepper in plastic bottles. I usually carry that on the ship but didn't want to haul the heavy case around.

Diet dr. pepper is my morning caffeine. Denying me of it would be like telling my husband he couldn't have his coffee (he drinks a pot a day!). There is no way I'm taking a cruise without my dr. diet pepper period. If they would try to take it I would have to unleash PMS woman!

[quote name='sandsand']Two weeks ago we had 2 bottles of wine in our carryon. It went through x-ray and they didn't ask for the bag to be opened. I could have had vodka in there for all they knew. Also, at curbside when the porter hauled my heavy luggage up on the cart he said, "this one must have the Bud Light in it". He was dead-on and my eyebrows went up. I made sure hubby tipped him extra cause I wanted to make sure that bag made it to the ship! I also had a suitcase with bottled water and diet dr. pepper in plastic bottles. I usually carry that on the ship but didn't want to haul the heavy case around.

Diet dr. pepper is my morning caffeine. Denying me of it would be like telling my husband he couldn't have his coffee (he drinks a pot a day!). There is no way I'm taking a cruise without my dr. diet pepper period. If they would try to take it I would have to unleash PMS woman![/quote]

Friends of Dr. Pepper 7:30 Library

I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent "jumper"
maybe it has come out that he brought his own alcohol. It just seems coincidental that this all at the same time.
Maybe Carnival is protecting themselves more than tyring to "rip"off guests?
I don't smuggle alcohol, but like many of you..I prefer Diet Coke w/Lime and my husband prefers his bottled water. I never bring more than 6 of each. I don't mind buying it onboard, if they sold it!
Maybe they will start selling a better variety/reasonable prices??

I am sure there have been people taking advantage of the past rule. But if all these recent jumpers have been linked to carry on alcohol, then I would understand how Carnival has to protect themselves.

[quote name='KelliKevin']I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent "jumper"
maybe it has come out that he brought his own alcohol. It just seems coincidental that this all at the same time.

[/quote]

Well, we were never allowed to bring on alcohol, so not sure how the jumper would factor into not being allowed to bring multiple bottles of wine...water and soda. Guess Im missing the connection.

[quote name='KelliKevin']
I am sure there have been people taking advantage of the past rule. But if all these recent jumpers have been linked to carry on alcohol, then I would understand how Carnival has to protect themselves.[/quote]

I would bet on it.....there has been quite a few man/lady overboard lately.......

[quote name='KelliKevin']I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent "jumper"
I don't smuggle alcohol, but like many of you..I prefer Diet Coke w/Lime and my husband prefers his bottled water. I never bring more than 6 of each. I don't mind buying it onboard, if they sold it!
Maybe they will start selling a better variety/reasonable prices??

I am sure there have been people taking advantage of the past rule. But if all these recent jumpers have been linked to carry on alcohol, then I would understand how Carnival has to protect themselves.[/quote]

This has nothing to do with alcohol... that policy has always been there. Maybe he bought along too much wine :confused: But the policy up until recently WAS one bottle... the major change is not bringing non alcoholic beverages... so unless he was hopped up on mountain dew, I'm not sure that would bring about a change. Think of all the other "jumpers" that were drunk over the years... no changes then... and many of them were served from the bars ;) They want the revenue... that's the bottom line. People were taking on CASES of soda.

you can get limes from the bar and just add them to your diet coke... it's actually better that way :D And hubby won't have trouble getting free water, which is VERY good!!

Archived