Help with shuttle in Miami...

Mikellie

There are 18-20 of us traveling in October, leaving out of Miami. We need a shuttle from a South Beach Hotel to the Miami Port, I have gotten quotes from a couple companies, and I was hoping that someone may be familiar with one of them.

Before I book I want to make sure they are reputable!

The Transfer Answer

Port of Miami Shuttle

Any insight or other recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks Kellie

When I was in Miami in Jan. I used SuperShuttle from the airport to the Miami Beach Resort & Spa and then from the resort to the ship the next day. I was quite pleased with their service. The cost was $20 each way. South Beach is closer to the port than where I stayed so the price may be cheaper.

Their phone number is (305) 871-2000. Hope this helps.

Dave

Hi Benny, I'm not sure what you mean by a public shuttle. They certainly are not run by the city of Miami if that is what you are saying. Both times that I used them they had 9+ passenger vans. The drivers that I had were very friendly and quite helpfull and I tipped acordingly. If they had 18 people, that would fill 2 vans and all would be going to the same location so there would be no other stops. Not sure if they would have room for all the luggage. Sure wouldn't hurt to give them a call. P.S. Even the lady on the phone when I called to schedual my pickup at the resort was friendly.:) Enjoy your 1st. cruise!

Dave

I called Supershuttle, and unfortunately, until further notice they are not allowed to pick up at the cruise port...I am not sure what that means or why. They can drop off, but not pick up!

Any other suggestions?

I am just really nervous, because I got screwed one time booking a limo. They took our money and ran, so I am a little over cautious now.

Thetransferanswer, and Port of Miami Shuttle want payment up front, so that scares me a little...

Kellie

We stayed at a Miami Beach hotel in January, there were 8 of us and a ton of luggage. We used van taxi's to get from the airport to the hotel. When we got to the hotel I asked about making arrangements for transportation to the port, the hotel set it up for us with a 11 pass van that held us and all of our luggage. We paid $60 for all of us. The hotel was happy to do this for us.

When we got off the cruise there were plenty of the large 11-16 pass vans waiting there to take us to the airport, look for the person with the clipboard and tell them what you need. I think we paid $8 or so pp for that ride.

Bev

Archived