~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

K Carnival says as of now bags are being randomly checked. One bottle alcohol is enforced. They "suggest" no more than 3 bottles per person non-alcoholic beverages. They were not informed of a policy change and it may be a misprint or new policy.

K Carnival says as of now bags are being randomly checked. One bottle alcohol is enforced. They "suggest" no more than 3 bottles per person non-alcoholic beverages. They were not informed of a policy change and it may be a misprint or new policy.

They should have just said "We are clueless" Sadly, the only people that will be informed are those that work the x ray machine.

3 "bottles" of what? Sounds like they just told you something to get you off the line.

So in other words, the rep doesn't have a clue :p LOL They've always done random checks... one day Carnival will start notifying their reps of these things :rolleyes:

water or pop, soda, carbonated drinks. They said less than 24 per cabin and to check before I pack to see if info is updated.

That was the old policy... perhaps we should cut and paste the new policy for the reps??? LMAO!!!

water or pop, soda, carbonated drinks. They said less than 24 per cabin and to check before I pack to see if info is updated.

Unless you have 8 people in a cabin:p, not sure how they went from 3 bottles to a max of 24:confused::confused:

Unless you have 8 people in a cabin:p, not sure how they went from 3 bottles to a max of 24:confused::confused:

They've never made much sense or been very consistent :p LMAO!!! They USED to tell you that a case was "reasonable" per cabin... so it sounds like they haven't read the new policy... I would bet security has :p

This is good to know... So, hide the card until you have someone in front of you and you are telling them what you want. ;)

Yep that is what you basically have to do LOL! We figuered that out on about our 2nd order.;)

They not only ignored us but were also very rude......

My question/comment:

Hope your day is going well. Mine is good and now pass the 60 day mark, FINALLY!!

Can we bring on water and pepsi? Like a 6 pack of each? Along with the bottles of wine?!

Her reply:

Yes you can. I always suggest to take your own if you can. Have a great day.

Great Advice.

Great Advice.

Do you know:

1. Can I order a bottle of absolute vodka for the cabin after we get on board? cost?

2. I hope they serve Corona. Do they serve beer in bottles (glass/plastic) on board i.e. pool area?

My wife like a black russian when she gets to the room. She will get what she wants.

Re: bottled water - if I want to bring some and they take it away....

NJA

Amen to that! Until the cruise lines change their choice of soda's to all name brand names--i will contine to smuggle. I dont like Coke products however some Cruise lines do offer fountain drinks--and that is alot easier to stomach for those of us who suffer from GERD. But i need my FIX-and if wine can be brought in-why can we bring a 12 pk of our favorite soda.

Has anyone else called to speak with a real person at Carnival? Just wondered if what they had to say reflected what my PVP told me.

I sent my PVP at Carnival a note and her reply was:

"Yes the website states that (quoted about non-alcoholic beverages being prohibited). You are right. But this information is from our internal intranet. You will not have a problem. I also asked about it and you will be fine!"

I had asked about taking 1 12 pack of Pepsi.

The OP obviously believes that Carnival reps never read this board. In all likelihood, similar posts have caused, at least in part, the current crackdown. I might also add that anyone who drinks so much that the liver becomes impaired, might want to consider cutting back somewhat!

"Yes the website states that (quoted about non-alcoholic beverages being prohibited). You are right. But this information is from our internal intranet. You will not have a problem. I also asked about it and you will be fine!"

My PVP was a carnival rep. We are good to go with soda/water and wine!

Please post after your cruise and let us all know what you observe at port.

No, it wasn't.

It was until they changed it about 6 months ago... it always stated A bottle... then it was changed, I guess people took advantage of it...so they changed it back. They always let people get away with a couple bottles when it stated A... but I'm guessing, just like they did with soft drinks, people were taking cases on the ship :rolleyes: Same reason that the gift delivery places can't deliver beer to the ship anymore, someone ordered like 20 cases, and they stopped that practice the next day.

Amen to that! Until the cruise lines change their choice of soda's to all name brand names--i will contine to smuggle. I dont like Coke products however some Cruise lines do offer fountain drinks--and that is alot easier to stomach for those of us who suffer from GERD. But i need my FIX-and if wine can be brought in-why can we bring a 12 pk of our favorite soda.

How in the world do you smuggle fountain drinks???? I have GERD, and I avoid soft drinks when I can, and only drink them when mixed with my favorite alcohol :D LOL (they cancel each other out), but fountain drinks do a number on me... actually, most soft drinks do. I love my cranberry juice too, but it's BAD... Water is the best beverage for those with GERD ;) So they do offer a great choice for those of us with gerd :D

And the answer to your last question is, because they said so :p LOL (sorry, couldn't help it :D)

For those calling PVP's... let us know how it works out. It would be nice if you could email security, since they are the ones enforcing the rules... and we know PVP's are usually not "in the know" keep us posted!!! I'm sure we'll start getting reports soon!! If they are going to do this, I sure hope they offer a setup package with the liquor you can order!!

If they are going to do this, I sure hope they offer a setup package with the liquor you can order!!

I had a Gerd once but it escaped from it's cage and I stepped on it by accident. :( No wait, that was a gerbil.

As far as the setup thing goes, I'm sure they put as much thought and effort into that as they are for the upcoming replacement adult area for the f-deck. :rolleyes:

Got our documents today and yes I know the policy was just changed yesterday BUTTTTTTTTT the same "rules" are listed as they were on our docs last month - small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages and no limit is listed as to how many bottles of wine. Just "excessive" quantities may be confiscated.

I was getting worried that they may be reprinting the documents because they seemed to take longer to arrive than they have in past cruises and we leave in 2 1/2 weeks. I know it's still going to be up to the security folks at the port but one can still hope..... :rolleyes:

Yes I will post when we return. I'm taking my usual 12 pack of Pepsi and a few water bottles. If they confiscate oh well, it's less than $10 down the drain - if they don't - I'll be a happy cruizin bear! :D

Archived