Yum Yum

TMarie

On our past two RCCL cruises, we have cruised with a large group of family.

I am definitely a foodie and have a major sweet tooth!

Our table always ordered more than one dessert....just about everyone at the table ordered two desserts...since they are usually offered once, we always wanted to try it...actually, once I raved over one of them so much the waiter gave me another to take back to our room for later! Another time he sent one back for a table mate that was sea sick and had to leave in the middle of dinner!

Does any one else do this?

I can remember the first family cruise we went on my Aunt Hen made everyone order a tiramisu, so we all had two that night, since that wasnt our first choice, but couldnt pass it up since she raved about it...

Also, we had picky eaters at our table who refused anything with veggies or fruit. Several of them ate steak every night. They were so predictable, the waiter also brought a big basket of french fries and chicken fingers and several dishes of macaroni and cheese or mashed potatos without being asked! We really thought this was sweet on our waiter's part.

One time my mother liked every dessert on the menu. So her and two other people asked for every dessert, and then we had my birthday cake at the table as well. The waiter put all the dishes in front of her and it was a really great picture.

My cousin vacationed with us on our last cruise and he hated fat on his steaks, but always ordered steaks. The waiter noticed that he kept begging his mother to cut the fat off for him (he was 12 yet made a big deal about cutting it off himself and we made sure we made fun of him!). So after the third night of ordering steak the waiter put the steak in front of my cousin, picked up his knife and fork, and cut his steak for him! We were all hysterical laughing, my cousin was red as a tomato, and the waiter had the biggest smile on his face. Probably one of the best dining room moments.

On my last RCCL (Explorer) our waiters paid attention to EVERYTHING!! If someone at our table preferred something, it became named after them.. Like the "Amy salad", ect. Also, we missed the midnight wine and cheese party ( I LOVE cheese) and mentioned this to our waiter.. and EVERY night we were brought a HUGE plate of cheese as an extra appetizer! I was soooo impressed with this kind of service!!

Don't ever tell you server that you "can't decide" which desert you want that "everything looks good"... We did that one night while mulling over the menu... Our waiter said "it's ok... I'll decide for you" and brought us back one of each of the deserts on the menu! :eek: :D

Archived