At what point should I be concerned?

TamIam

It is two weeks until our cruise and I have not received our docs yet. I know from reading these boards that it is not uncommon for that to be the case. I am just wondering if there is a certain point that I should contact Expedia just to make sure everything is okay. I don't want to be a pest to Expedia or NCL. I was thinking if they haven't shown up in a week I should call. Is that reasonable. I guess I am just anxious to know what time our flights are and a little paranoid that something will go wrong. :o

It is two weeks until our cruise and I have not received our docs yet. I know from reading these boards that it is not uncommon for that to be the case. I am just wondering if there is a certain point that I should contact Expedia just to make sure everything is okay. I don't want to be a pest to Expedia or NCL. I was thinking if they haven't shown up in a week I should call. Is that reasonable. I guess I am just anxious to know what time our flights are and a little paranoid that something will go wrong. :o

I would contact them....better than worrying about it.

Good Luck:)

Do the online registration and print it out. Then call your TA and get on them about your tickets.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

I agree ...print your online registration. NCL may have sent your agent edocs already. They are pretty fast doing that...then call your TA...They can request new edocs and have them to you that same day or the next day. One last idea...did you receive any email from your agent...I have many clients that have never used edocs, so don't even realize that they have received the edocs...just an diea.

I leave this saturday on the Spirit and I booked my cruise through Expedia. I received my documents only a week and a half ahead of time. Expedia should e-mail you and let you know your documents have been shipped via UPS by 2nd Day air. I also pre-registered online with NCL.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have done the online registration through NCL but the registration is not complete for my DD friend who is traveling with us. Her passport just came in the mail yesterday. Her mom e-mailed me with the passport number which I entered then realized I also need the expiration date. So I am waiting for another e-mail from her before the pre-registration is complete.

It does sound like Expedia waits until the last moment to send those docs. As soon as I get that expiration today, I will complete the registration and then call Expedia to make sure there are no glitches. Thanks again for all your help.

BTW you do not need any tickets to board any ship. Your passport and booking number will allow you onboard any cruise line for which you have a reservation. If tickets are lost, missing, eaten by the dog, you do not need them. Every ship has a manifest with the list of every booked passenger.

You can get luggage tags pierside at check in. This is the same if you are doing pier pick up when you book only a few days or weeks to sailing and there is not sufficient time to print documents.

Cruise lines request that you do the pre registration, but they only request this. If it is not done, no worry, just fill out the paperwork at boarding.

Don't fret if you are ever missing your tickets. Just go ahead and board the ship.

:)

Bruce4fun

Bruce is indeed correct :D

Since you know you're listed (your preregistration proves that) once it's completed you're good to go UNLESS you booked air thru NCL in which case the docs will (or at least in my understanding should) have your air travel arrangements in them. The reason I say "should" I've always booked air on my own so I'm not 100% on that.

Even though you're preregistered (once you complete that) don't forget to bring the ID with ya. And have FUN

-Monte

Hurray! Our docs are on the way. Just found out from Expedia that they have shipped. I did get cruise air, so I am very anxious to find out when we fly. Thanks again, everyone. This site is so helpful!

Hurray! Our docs are on the way. Just found out from Expedia that they have shipped. I did get cruise air, so I am very anxious to find out when we fly. Thanks again, everyone. This site is so helpful!

Good for you.

Now you can relax and enjoy your packing!!

Have a wonderful cruise:)

I do not mean this to be "mean", but it appears you are new to these boards. So, let me offer some advice. Scan through lots of old messages. Use the search function when you need more info. You will find that lots of folks talk about docs, air travel, etc.

As soon as you find out the airline, immediately call THAT AIRLINE DIRECT and make your seat assignments. If you are not a member of that airlines Frequent Flyer club, do it first, again IMMEDIATELY.

I do not mean this to be "mean", but it appears you are new to these boards. So, let me offer some advice. Scan through lots of old messages. Use the search function when you need more info. You will find that lots of folks talk about docs, air travel, etc.

As soon as you find out the airline, immediately call THAT AIRLINE DIRECT and make your seat assignments. If you are not a member of that airlines Frequent Flyer club, do it first, again IMMEDIATELY.

I don't think you are mean at all. I appreciate all advice, including reminders to do a search, which I didn't do and should have. Thank you for the advice about calling the airlines, I hadn't seen any posts about that at all and wouldn't have even thought to call them or even do a search on that particular subject.

Thanks again for your help and the tolerance for a rookie.

Archived